An Analysis of the Cast for Season 11 of RuPaul’s Drag Race.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

It’s that time of year again when we have a new group of stellar drag queens unleashed unto the public by RuPaul herself as part of her reality competition series.

This year we see 15 queens enter the You Betta Werq Room, the most to ever sashay onto our TV screens in ten years. We even see the legendary Vanessa “Miss Vanjie” Mateo return for a second chance at the crown.

Personally, I got super excited to see Soju appear as part of this year’s cast due to having followed her on YouTube for almost two years now. She will be one of my picks for the top three along with the first ever Canadian contestant Brooke Lynn Hytes, who looks incredibly fierce.

This season sees multiple queens being cast from being large social media presences, along with Soju we see Plastique Tiara and Ariel Versace. Social media queens have a stigma placed against them about what their talent is despite makeup and Facetune, a.k.a Aja from season 9, bless her soul. This was broken by season 10 winner Aquaria who had a massive following online before entering the Race.

With an air date not confirmed yet, we can only speculate when we will see these amazing queens launched onto Netflix UK, but the hype train is getting off to a great start with a promo video and queen headshots.

All I can hope for is…PLEASE GOD LET MISS VANJIE NOT BE A RUNNING MEME THIS SEASON!

All Matt’s images are sourced from Google

Matthew Peers

Aberdeen '19

4th Year Fashion & Textile Student