Spoon Csu-Assorted Doughnuts
Spoon Csu-Assorted Doughnuts
Brook Buchan / Spoon
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.
  1. Evelyn and Elsa - Review of Dough and Co.docxReview of Dough and Co.On Friday 1stof September, a new doughnut shop opened on Belmont Street called‘Dough and Co.’.Our President Evelyn and our Treasurer Elsa headed down to try out the doughnuts on offer and speakto the staff.We ordered a basicbox of 6 doughnuts (£10) and an additional singular vanilla icing doughnut (£2).Overall prices for individual doughnuts range from £1.80 to £3.75, depending simplicity orextravagance of toppings.The first doughnut we tried was the plain doughnut. It was soft and chewy, a cake-style doughnut, nottoo dense and very light and airy.Up next we tried the plain glazed doughnut. As all doughnuts are freshly made and decorated right infront of your eyes, the doughnut was still warm when it arrived. The glazewas soft and lightly sweet.Next, we had the powdered cinnamon sugar doughnut. It waslightly covered in icing sugar, so it wasperfectly moist and not too overwhelming.After having tasted the more simple and basic doughnuts, we ventured out and tried out the differentdoughnuts with strawberry icing.The simple strawberry icing doughnut was pillowy, soft and warm like the previous ones with just theright amount of icing. It definitely smelled of strawberry but wasn’t overwhelming taste-or smell-wise.After, we had the strawberry icing doughnut with sprinkles. It was equally as good as the simplestrawberry icing doughnut, but if you prefer sprinkles, this is the one to go with.The sixth doughnut we tried was a chocolate sprinkle doughnut, which tasted like hot fudge. Thesprinkles were definitely needed as it was so very rich and decadent.Lastly, the vanilla icing doughnut was beautifully soft like the other ones and similar to the glazeddoughnut but with a vanilla sweetness.Overall, the doughnuts were exorbitantly good and the boxes were great for sharing. Dough and Co.offer four types of boxes, differing in size and price, but you can buy individual doughnuts, too–youwill need napkins though!The shop itself is more of a social space ratherthan a place to study. It is very colourful with pink andmint colours running through the décor. Elsa said:“It has the feel of a really old, traditional Americandoughnut shop!”The doughnut toppings are new and innovative, while the vibes are classic. The walls are adorned withold metal posters and the staff are lovely. We were served at the till by Dylan, who was very friendly,as was the shop’s owner Ian.
Hello! I am a third-year student studying English and International relations at the University of Aberdeen. I enjoy reading and photography.
Elsa Anderson

Aberdeen '24

Hi! My name is Elsa and I am the treasurer for HerCampus Aberdeen for the 2022-2023 school year! My pronouns are she/her.