This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

Currently, globally, 62 Millions girls are not in school right now. In fact, in some countries, fewer than 10% of teenage girls compete senior school. With that in mind, I invite you all to join the 62 Million Girls Yearbook. Here at HC, we believe that schooling has made us who we are today; so how in 2015 can we be in a position when girls all over the world are being denied that?

This campaign is part of the US government-wide initiative launched by the President and First Lady to help these 62 million girls go to school. We decided, at Her Campus Aberdeen, to collaborate an article of all the things that we learned at school so here they are….

To join the yearbook, fill in the sentence “In School, I learned ______. #62MillionGirls don’t have that chance.” We’d love to hear from the rest of you on Facebook/ Twitter etc! 

Hi, I'm Rachel! I am currently pursuing a degree in English and Politics at UofA, graduating in 2016. I love all things pink, sparkly and pug related. Proud to be President and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Aberdeen.