French toast is a delicious meal that many people think they will have to give up when they begin eating nourishing, healthy foods. Whilst traditional french toast can be full of refined sugars and fats, this french toast recipe is made only with natural wholesome ingredients. This vegan cinnamon french toast is my new favourite brunch meal, mainly because it’s so easy to make and everyone loves it!
- 4 slices thickly sliced sourdough bread (must use a thick sturdy bread or your french toast will be soggy)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons spelt flour
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Coconut oil, for the pan
- Coconut flakes
- Nut butter
- Maple syrup
- Fresh fruit
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond milk, flour, nutritional yeast, and cinnamon.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and drizzle small amount of coconut oil.
- Dip the bread in the mixture, turning to coat both sides evenly.
- When the pan has heated up, add the bread slices cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until lightly browned.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy.
I hope you enjoy this vegan cinnamon french toast recipe!
Read the full post here.