It’s important to live in the moment, but when you’re in college, it’s easy to forget how special these four years really are. Here are 21 things we take for granted during our college years because we sometimes forget the best years of our lives won’t last forever.
1. Being surrounded 24/7 by people almost exclusively within your age group
Everyone is just so young and beautiful.
2. Living with your best friends
3. Being able to sleep in late whenever you get the chance
What is “waking up before noon on a weekday”?
4. But also pulling all-nighters whenever you need or want to
5. Having somewhere fun to party every single weekend
6. The freedom of being independent but without all of the adult responsibilities
Paying bills sounds way too complicated.
7. Napping all the time
8. Being in the student section for football games
9. Starting to drink on Wednesday… or Tuesday… or Monday
10. Wearing sweatpants and comfy clothes because that’s a perfectly acceptable daily wardrobe
11. A constantly thriving dating and hookup scene
12. Attending activities on campus for free or reduced prices
13. Everyone’s down to make new friends and meet new people
14. Living on a beautiful campus that you get to call home
15. Eating whatever you want whenever you want because the food options are just SO good
16. Being a part of special clubs, sports or organizations that won’t exist for you after you graduate
17. Building your own schedule just the way you like it
18. Being able to take classes to learn about new topics you’re genuinely interested in
19. Having time to experiment and decide what you really want to do with your adult life before it fully starts
Time is on your side…for now.
20. Having every day be new and exciting with endless possibilities
21. Basically, you take everything for granted
Because four years seems like so long, but it’ll go by way too fast.