Contrary to what some stereotypes might say, sorority girls are just like every other girl—except our schedules probably include more philanthropy and social events than most. When it comes to dating a girl who is pledged to Greek-life, though, there are certain things you can definitely expect to encounter. What are they? Read below to find out:
1. We get that you might not get it
You may even make fun of it at first, but it will grow on you.
2. We have the Greek alphabet memorized
And could probably sing it to you on command.
3. You’ll definitely be attending a formal
Plus several date parties, so you better have your dress clothes ready.
4. Our Greek family feels like our real family
You’ll certainly get to know our Bigs and Littles.
5. You’ll learn the importance and intensity of recruitment
When we go MIA for a week, it’s not because we don’t love you.
6. You might even wind up at several themed events
It comes with the territory.
7. You’ll see just how much Greek apparel we have
From tanks, to tees, to crew necks, to Frockets—never underestimate a sorority girl’s wardrobe.
8. Crafting isn’t a hobby—it’s a passion
And we’re fucking good at it, too.
9. We’ll remind you how important philanthropy is
In fact, we might even recruit you to participate in some philanthropy events.
10. Sometimes, sorority events will take over our schedules
We really can’t help it, so we hope you understand.
11. We have a lot of friends
Some closer than others, of course. But, you’ll appreciate that while we’re busy at a birthday dinner or girls’ night in, you’ll get some free time.
12. We most likely love to take pictures
Sorry, we aren’t sorry.
13. We know how to balance life
Seriously. We juggle schoolwork, internships, part-time jobs, philanthropy events, parties, family and more.
14. We’re social
You’ll never have to worry about introducing us to new people. We’ve nailed the art of small talk.
15. We’re committed
Whether it be to our sorority or to our relationship, we know the importance of staying committed to something.
16. We’re confident
Our sorority taught us well.