I have awful love handles. They are my definite problem spot. I know spot training is difficult/impossible, but there must be something I can do! Is there any foods I can avoid or exercises I can do to get rid of these gross love handles?
We all love eating muffin tops, but we definitely don’t like wearing them! Love handles are a troublesome area for most women all over the world. While curves are nice, the fat bulging out of the jeans is not attractive.
Contrary to popular belief, spot reduction does not exist for specific targeted areas. Those love handles will not magically disappear through specific exercise moves . . . hints why those sit-ups, day in and day out, are not losing the spare tire around the waist.
So what does spot training do? Spot training builds muscle. The only problem is that all the fat is still there, covering up the newly built muscle. So if spot training doesn’t aid in losing those love handles, than what will?
The only way to lose those love handles is to burn off the overall fat storage of the entire body. A daily regimen of exercise and clean eating is key to losing fat and those awful love handles. Unfortunately, we do not get to choose where the fat will come off first. Each person will lose fat in different areas first, but eventually the love handles will come off!
Here is a breakdown of how to lose those love handles:
Clean up your diet
- Increase your veggies, fruits, and whole wheat breads
- Decrease sugar, white bread, and empty calorie intake
- Lose the soda and juices, and start drinking water
- Eat a low calorie diet or no less than 1,200 calories per day
Avoid fried, buttered, sauced, battered, or creamy foods
- Exercise 5-6 days a week for 30-60 minutes. Cardio is a great way to burn off calories and fat storage.
- Whole body weight training 2-3 days a week will build muscle. Muscle aids in increasing your calorie burn while at rest, so muscle will speed up the process in burning off those love handles.
- While sit-ups shouldn’t be the focus while losing those love handles, we want to tone the abdominal area so that when the fat starts to melt away, we will have sexy abs! End each workout session with 3 sets of 20 sit-ups.
Good luck losing those Love Handles!