Tips for Getting Out of Bed in the Morning

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! Ughh—we have all been there. We’ve cursed our alarm clocks, vibrating phones, or the lovely roommate who wakes you up by using the blender super loudly in the kitchen. Regardless of how you are awoken, you will always and forever dread the process of getting out of bed in the morning.  

One of the hardest things to do every day is remove yourself from being snuggled in your blankets like a newly wrapped burrito and rip your body away from the warm embrace of your pillows.

Unfortunately waking up does not get any easier as you get older…

However, there are a few things that can make the experience a tad less dreadful…

1.     Set a few alarms for earlier times than you actually need to wake up at. I’m so guilty of doing this. While annoying, it gives you time to let the idea marinate that you need to get your ass out of bed. It sucks, I know, but at least you have some time to process it before actually executing the dreaded motion.

2.     Have a fun song set for said alarm—this makes waking up a little more bearable and kind of catchy….

3.     Motivate yourself by making breakfast or coffee plans with a friend before you have to head to class, thus giving you something to look forward to.

Just remember: even though you are leaving your bed in the dreaded am, you will be able to return to it eventually for a much needed nap, some Netflix and chill, and the best time of day…bedtime.

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!