Hey Badgers, Don’t Worry If…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Sometimes, there are situations that every Badger experiences, but no one really talks about. This is where I come in. You were thinking it, but I said it. Take a look here  for last year’s list! In the meantime… Hey Badgers! It’s okay if…

– You don’t like pumpkin flavor in your coffee, bread, cream cheese spread, Pinterest homepage, and Instagram feed all day, every day from September through November. Some of us don’t loooove the classic fall staple **AUDIBLE GASPS AND OPEN JAWS**

Pumpkin spice Oreos? Really?!?! 

– The second you wake up and see that the temperature is below 60 degrees you whip out all of your new fall wardrobe pieces you swore you would save for a better occasion than just your 12:05 p.m. class. Rock that gorgeous new leather jacket, girl.

– You still order a large iced coffee even though you’ve ditched the denim cutoffs (see above for change in wardrobe)

– It’s week four of class and you haven’t really been keeping up with every single reading…

– You leave certain Facebook messages just sitting there until you are completely ready to answer in order to avoid the inevitable awkwardness that the “read at 8:51 p.m.” receipt brings.

This goes for texts and Facebook. 

– You are actually overwhelmed by and may have some anxiety about how many shows you want to watch from both Netflix and HBOGo

– You go to the KK on Gameday hoping a cute Badger fan will buy you a drink but instead you end up with chicken fingers and cheese curds (that you bought for yourself).

– You go to your 9:30 a.m. power lecture and focus for the first 45 minutes, but Facebook message your bestie/crush/mom/dog/WHOEVER WILL TALK TO YOU for the last 30 minutes.

– You find the Farmers’ Market slightly overwhelming. Yeah, I’m all for locally grown vegetables and cheesy bread but there are just too many people fighting for samples.

Dwight Shrute is my spirit animal whenever I am in a crowded space. 

– You consider cutting up pre-made chicken breast to put over a store bought salad “cooking.”

– You hate the label “Jersey Chaser” but literally cannot resist telling any member of the Wisconsin football or basketball teams that he is incredible (I’m looking at you, Josh Gasser).

– You are secretly dreading the entire pumpkin patch and apple picking Instagram craze that this season brings… but that won’t stop you from posting your own.

So. Basic. 

– You bob your head at the SERF as if you were listening to really intense music perfect for cardio, but really it’s just One Direction (the story of my life… pun intended).

– You still think it’s too early in the semester to go to the library even though you have a quiz in three different classes next week.

– You cannot believe that fall semester is a quarter of the way through already… take advantage, fellow Badgers. Happy fall!

STATE STREET IN THE FALL = PRETTIEST EVER 

Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com