This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

As finals start to approach, everyone’s stress levels have increased. Here are a few tips and tricks to make your finals week as non-stressful as possible. 

1. Go to the Gym

Going to the gym can be a great de-stresser due to the endorphins that are released into your body during exercise. After going to the gym, you will feel more relaxed and ready to concentrate on your studies.

2. Take a Nap

It has been scientifically proven taking a short power nap, usually around 45 minutes, can help you to be more focused and able to remember more. So grab your pillow and blanket and rest your brain for a little while. 

3. Dance

By taking a dance break it can help to release the endorphins in your brain that need movement, and it can help you to focus more when you sit back down to study again. 

4. Sleep

Getting a good amount of sleep will allow you to be much more focused, and able to take in the information that you need for your exams.  

5. Take a Hot Shower

Taking a hot shower can relax your muscles as well as let some of the stress almost evaporate off your shoulders. In turn, this will allow you to be more focused and centered on what you are doing.

6. Meditate

Meditation is another great relaxer during studying and it can also allow you to focus on your studies and in turn get better grades on your exams.

Hope these help you to pass your finals, as well as make you more focused and ready to slay those finals. HCXO!

(Source 1)

Autumn is a junior at Virginia Commonwealth University studying Forensic Science with a concentration in Biology and minors in Anthropology, Biology, and Chemistry. She has an addiction to Starbucks and Panera Mac and Cheese and can usually be found with her nose in a book during her free time. She is also an active member of VCU's Rowdy Rams and the Forensic Science Student Club. In her free time, she loves to watch movies and hang out with her friends and family; including her beloved dog, Jake.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!