22 Thoughts You Have at the Gym

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Ah, the gym. A place for transformation, new beginnings, lots of sweat and dozens of thoughts running through your head while you work out. Here’s a few of those thoughts that have passed through all of our heads when we finally get up off the couch and drag ourselves to the gym:

1. Okay, making it here is the hardest step. This’ll be fun!

2. Before I do anything let me put this pic of me in my cute workout clothes on Snapchat…and Twitter…and what the hell, Instagram. The public should know I’m being healthy and looking cute AF while doing it.

3. Why are there so many people here? Don’t any of these people have other places to be? 

4. That girl stole my unofficially assigned treadmill. Lemme glare at her from the next one.

4. Crap, how do I use this machine?! Why don’t any of them have how-to guides?!

6. Did that cute guy see me struggle? 

7. Oh, he’s REALLY cute. Aaaaand I’m really sweaty. That’s nice.

8. WHY DO I SWEAT SO MUCH? Why do none of these other girls sweat this much?

9. What just dripped on my arm? Oh. Right. Me.

10. Keep walking, buddy. I’m not wearing these Spandex for your benefit.

11. How long have I been on this machine?

12. How much longer do I need to be on this machine until I get a body like Candice Swanepoel?

13. Actually, how much longer do I need to be on this machine before I can eat an entire pizza and not feel guilty?

14. You’re really not gonna clean that machine? It’s literally your one job when you’re done.

15. Why and HOW is that guy running in khakis…..

16. How do people do this every day? This is death. I’m dying. RIP me. 

17. Okay. One last song to get me through the last five minutes. Beyoncé? Beyoncé.

18. Wait… another cute guy just walked in… I can do another five minutes.

19. LOL just kidding nope not worth it. 

20. I should come back tomorrow. I can become a gym person.

21. Damn. I look good after the gym. I REALLY should do that more often.

22. Now how about that pizza…

Emily is a part-time coffee addict and a full-time English and Public Relations student at Virginia Commonwealth University. She enjoys all things punny, intersectional feminism, Chrissy Teigen's tweets and considers herself a bagel & schmear connoisseur. You can probably find her either listening to the Hamilton soundtrack or binge watching The Office for the thousandth time
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!