7 Healthy Packaged Snacks to Eat

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

For those times when you can’t get your hands on something fresh, these are some healthy packaged snacks that will make your busy life a little easier (and healthier).

1.     Justin’s Almond Butter Single Serve Squeeze Packets(Photo courtesy of pexels.com

If you love almond butter (who doesn’t?!), these are a perfect way to get your fix in a convenient little packet.  With protein and fat, this is a snack that will keep you full for a long time, and it couldn’t be easier to eat on the go.  

2.     RX Bars

These are one of the best protein bars out there for you. Made with simple ingredients that are clearly printed on the label, and no gluten, soy, dairy, or added sugar, there’s not much more you could ask for in these paleo-compliant bars. Oh, and if you need more convincing, some flavors include Chocolate Sea Salt, Coffee, and Mint Chocolate.   

3.     Roasted Chickpeas(Photo by Kyle Killam, courtesy of pexels.com)

While hummus is a delicious way to use chickpeas, roasted chickpeas also deserve some attention! These are a great snack that will give you protein, and are sold at a ton of places, including basic convenience stores.  

4.     Creation Nation Paleo Energy Bite Mix

Fair warning, these do require a bit of prep work, but they are so much easier than making most energy balls.  All you have to do is add some water and either nut butter, coconut oil, or honey to the prepared mix and roll into balls, and you’ve got a perfect bite size snack ready.

5.     Simple Mills Crackers

Made with almond flour, these grain-free crackers are a much better alternative to regular crackers.  Satisfy your craving for a salty, crunchy snack with these and save yourself a whole lot of the empty carbs from crackers from leading brands.

6.     Mini Purely Elizabeth Granola Bags(Photo by Jeffrey Dang, courtesy of unsplash.com

Despite all the granola brands that advertise as being healthy, but are actually far from it, Purely Elizabeth is the real deal.  The granola is always gluten free, vegan, organic, and sweetened with low-glycemic coconut sugar, making these little bags perfect grab-and-go food.

7.     Kale Chips​(Photo by Joanna Kosinska, courtesy of unsplash.com)

Obviously not quite the same as having a kale salad, but when you’re in a pinch and want a savory snack, these are a good way to squeeze in another serving of vegetables. 

(Thumbnail photo courtesy of Mista Yuck, via PhotoPin)