rodion kutsaev 8P uQaTd8rw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
rodion kutsaev 8P uQaTd8rw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

“Please don’t worry, I’ve got you.” -The Universe: Accepting Uncertainty

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFCA chapter.

Uncertainty is a natural part of life. For the most part, we don’t know what’s going to happen tomorrow, next week, or 10 years from now. We plan, and for the most part some of those plans happen, but deep down, we really don’t know what will happen.

I am the type of person that likes to know. I like to know the outcome, how will it benefit me, hurt me, or be in the best interest of the goals I have planned for myself. Yet, life does not work that way. So you can guess, I often get frustrated, anxious, and angry when things don’t go my way, but I’m learning and have some tips and tricks on dealing with uncertainty and to find peace with it.

1. Be open to all possibilities.

Be open to all the possible outcomes for your life and situations. We often focus on one outcome and if we receive results that are different, we react negatively. Throwing a tantrum because you weren’t picked for the best bulletin or got less than what you thought you should, doesn’t help you. Instead it leaves you with muddled emotions.

2. Learn how to cope and adapt

Learn to shift and move to the currents of life. Life is change. Nothing stays the same, whether you want it to or not.

3. Practice mindfulness.

Meditation can help produce mindfulness skills, mindfulness can help you reflect and observe what happened during your day. It allows you to gage the currents of your mind, your emotions, and feelings that you might have missed during the day.

4. Find comfort in what you know and don’t worry about what you don’t.

Worrying about what you don’t know doesn’t help. So why are you worried? Be okay with what you know and be okay with what you don’t. Life will be easier.

5. Just breathe

Just breathe and know that bad, just as good, will pass. Feel what you feel but don’t get caught up in it. Allow it to move, so you can accept the good afterwards.

I am the lucky descent of the Pisces Zodiac. Which by default makes me an escapist; which could explain why at a young age that I found my love for books. Starting with Junie B. Jones to House of Night and the beyond. I tend to find myself often debating society’s idiocy and fighting for bed space with my cat. (Currently we’re not on speaking terms.) Or bae watching, (Louis Tomlinson or Henry Cavilli any day. Just yum.) internet suffering, playing visual novels, or exploring the world.
Her Campus USFCA contributors are all exemplery young women at the University of San Francisco in San Francisco, California! Founded in 2020, Her Campus USFCA has grown rapidly to represent our diverse campus community through the unique expression that Her Campus allows. Here readers will find communally contributed articles as well as anonymous articles written by our chapter. We hope that you enjoy these pieces!