This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

When I was younger, I always begged my parents to take me to Red Lobster whenever we went out to dinner. That’s right, an average chain restaurant appealed to me more than any other option. Ironically enough, I didn’t even like seafood and always ordered chicken fingers and french fries — a meal I could get anywhere that was certainly no culinary wonder. My sole purpose in going there? To stuff myself silly with their cheesy, garlic biscuits. I always eagerly awaited the basket of biscuits, anticipating the fluffy warmth that would heat up my mouth. I also tried to steal them all for myself, so when I found a pin for Red Lobster’s secret Cheddar Bay Biscuit recipe, I couldn’t resist trying it out.

Now, I don’t know if this is actually Red Lobster’s “secret recipe.” They weren’t an exact taste match to the famous biscuits, but they were still a savory, tempting appetizer I’ll continue to make on nights I cook at home. And a bonus? The recipe is super easy.

Biscuit Ingredients: 

• 2 ½ cups of Bisquick 
  • 4 Tbsps of cold butter 
  • 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese 
  • ¾ cup of milk 
  • ½ tsp of garlic powder

Butter Glaze Ingredients: 

• 3 Tbsps of butter 
  • ½ tsp of garlic powder
  • ¾ tsp of dried parsley flakes

Instructions: 

1. Turn oven on to 400 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with Pam and set aside. 
  2. Combine Bisquick with the cold butter in a mixing bowl with a fork. Don’t worry about thoroughly mixing it; it should be a little clumpy with small chunks of butter. 
  3. Add in the milk, shredded cheddar cheese, and garlic powder. Mix by hand until it’s well combined, but not too much – it still needs to be a little doughy and clumpy. 
  4. Drop ¼ cup size portions of the dough onto the cookie sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until the tops of the biscuits are golden brown. 
  5. Melt butter in the microwave for the butter glaze. Stir in the garlic powder and parsley flakes. 
  6. Once the biscuits are done, brush the butter glaze on top. You can always spoon the butter and drip it on top of the biscuits if you don’t have a brush. This recipe makes about a dozen.

The key to making the perfect Cheddar Bay Biscuits lies in the amount of garlic you use because the garlic is the essence of the biscuit. The original recipe called for ¼ tsp of garlic powder in the biscuit mix, but I experimented with a few batches and found that ½ was more flavorful. You may even want to add more, depending on how strong you want the garlic to be!

Either way, these are a great knock-off of Red Lobster’s biscuits. Enjoy!

Cara oversees Her Campus Media's community department and serves as strategic lead for the expansion, development and management of all HCM communities, including the Her Campus Chapter Network, InfluenceHer Collective, College Fashionista, Spoon University, Campus Trendsetters, alumni and high school. She works closely with company leadership to develop new community-related sales offerings and the Integrated Marketing team to support all community-focused client marketing programs from end to end. Cara has experience working with high-profile talent, such as Jessica Alba, Andrew Yang, Amber Tamblyn, Aja Naomi King, Troian Bellisario, Jessica Marie Garcia, Nico Tortorella, Nastia Liukin, Rebecca Minkoff, Cecile Richards and Samantha Power, as well as brands like Coca-Cola, L'Oréal Paris, The New York Times, HBO, Uber, H&M and more. Having been a part of the HC family since 2011, Cara served as Campus Correspondent of the HC chapter at the University of Florida where she studied journalism, women’s studies and leadership. A New Yorker turned Floridian, Cara has a Friends quote for any situation. You can usually find her with her friends and family at the beach, a concert or live sports event or binge-watching Grey's Anatomy or Sons of Anarchy. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @thecararose.