This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Spring Quarter is almost here! While you may not have time for any more big plans, you can definitely make sure you start classes feeling organized and prepared.

1. Your Closet

Sound familiar? It feels like you have nothing to wear because your closet is stuffed with all of your winter clothes that you don’t need anymore. Take home all of your sweaters and jackets because Davis is definitely getting sunny enough where you can bring out the shorts and dresses. give your closet some breathing room by packing or getting rid of your thick clothes so you can fill it up with cute, summery ones instead!

The same goes with your shoes. You don’t need as many boots or furry slippers anymore, put them in boxes and take them home!

2. Your Apartment

Gather your roommates and housemates around and split up house chores like taking out the trash, scrubbing the bathroom, and vacuuming. Nothing puts a damper to the beginning of your spring quarter like coming back into your apartment and wrinkling your nose from the musty smell that comes from week-old forgotten trash or those old eggs in the fridge. Run out to the grocery store and stock up on study snacks and frozen foods while you have the time!

3. Your Phone

Get rid of apps you installed on your phone but never use so you have more data storage! Do the same with the songs you always click the forward arrow button for, they’re just hogging up your phone space. My phone always seems to be working faster when I delete old texts, apps, and playlists I don’t need anymore.

Doing all the organizing and grimy work now means you can come back from break and spend the first week or two not worrying about the mess and going out to do something fun instead! Bring on spring!

Tammy is an English and creative writing major and journalism minor at the University of California, Davis. Her love for writing comes from blogging about fun college experiences and creating her own fictional stories. In her spare time, she enjoys tinkering with her violin and guitar, watching reruns of Gossip Girl on Netflix, and fangirling over boy bands. 
Editor in Chief, UC Davis chapter founder.