Studying for Midterms As Told by Breaking Bad (A GIF Story)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Although the Breaking Bad series is (tragically) over and done with, we can still learn a lot of *ahem* valuable lessons from the characters. Lucky for you Collegiettes, one of them is how to study for those midterms and exams you have coming up! Your semester so far should look a little something like this:

You start off all motivated, fresh from your winter break. The pressure isn’t on yet, but you just know that you’re not going to procrastinate.

As the classes start to get a little more intense, you start to wonder what exactly is going to be on your exam. After all, the professor is just burning through the material, and giving you totally mixed messages about what you’re actually going to be tested on.

Nonetheless, you totally got this. You’re keeping up with the work (most of it, anyway) and you feel pretty good about your understanding of it. After all, it’s just organic chemistry!

This is right about the time when you go into the lecture hall one day, and everything just goes right over your head. And when I say everything, I mean everything. Terrifying! No, more than terrifying…

Now you’re starting to get kinda serious about studying once exams and papers start rolling around. 

But after inevitably wasting hours upon end watching Vines, you can’t help but realize that you’re procrastinating. Bad.

This is it. Midterms are this week, and it’s your last chance to get your grades (and GPA!) back up.

Now you’ve really got to focus—no more distractions, no more time wasters. You’re not messing around.

You’ve planned to meet up with your study group, and there’s no doubt in anyone’s mind that this one is going to be an all-nighter. To prepare yourself, you have to triple check to make sure you have your caffeine on hand.

Oh, and don’t forget your pizza, too.

Between studying, cramming, and more studying, the stress and boredom are really starting to get to you.

Now, this is it. Test time. Go time.

Now it’s over… this is the time where you freak out about every question you could’ve possibly gotten wrong, every grammar mistake in that paper, literally anything bad. The pressure. Is. On.

Congratulations! You made it through another midterm! 

Bust out those dance moves, Collegiettes – you deserve it.

Some would say that you’ve truly mastered the art of faking it until you make it.

But we both know that you totally pulled through and earned those grades!

So…how about those finals?

Happy midterms, Collegiettes!

Brittany O'Neil

U Mass Amherst

Brittany is a junior at UMass Amherst with a double major in Early Childhood Education and Psychology. In addition to being a content editor for the best Her Campus chapter, she also works for the STEM Ambassadors Program, and is a Peer Mentor. She's obsessed with Netflix, sarcasm, and gifs. Lots and lots of gifs.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst