5 Inspirational Quotes to Get You Through Midterms

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delaware chapter.

It’s that time of year again…

With 1 week left until spring break, Blue Hens all over campus are struggling to find the motivation that they need to ace their midterms. Here’s a few inspirational quotes that are sure to put you in the right mindset to study hard and finish your exams strong:

1. “A woman is like a tea bag. You can’t tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.” -Eleanor Roosevelt

Whether you’re studying for multiple exams on the same day, or cramming in an all nighter to finish the paper that you forgot was due tomorrow, you’re sure to feel like you’re in hot water. Just keep in mind that you never truly know how strong you are until being strong is your only option. Keep pushing through!

2. “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!” -Audrey Hepburn

When midterms strike, it can start to feel like it’s impossible to make it through the week alive. Just keep in mind that you’re one step closer to your well deserved spring break!

3. “Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.” Babe Ruth

It’s natural to feel afraid of failure, but you can’t let that fear hold you back from trying your hardest to succeed. Remember that you’re smart, you’ve come this far, and you can succeed at anything that you put your mind to!

4. “Confidence is 10% hard work and 90% delusion.” ― Tina Fey

Let’s face it, there’s a serious limit to the amount of hard work that you can put into your exams or papers. Try to be crazy enough to believe that you’ve done the best you can and that you’re going to ace your midterms. With that kind of confidence, nothing can stop you from succeeding!

5. “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” ― Walt Disney

Remember that you’re in college to get the education necessary to pursue your dreams. Don’t let the stress of exams make you lose sight of the bigger picture. Keep your dreams and aspirations in mind as you’re studying this week!

Marisa Wanzie is an undergraduate student at the University of Delaware. She studies Media Communication with minors in Advertising and Art History. She is currently working towards a career that will utilize her passions for social media management, event coordination, and her love of all things Disney. In her free time, she enjoys reading, traveling, attending concerts, and watching reruns of One Tree Hill. She can almost always be found at either the nearest art museum or the nearest beach. You can follow Marisa's tweets as a Social Media Ambassador for the University of Delaware at @BlueHenMarisa. For more of Marisa's credentials, please visit: http://marisawanzie.wixsite.com/portfolio or www.linkedin.com/in/marisawanzie
Amanda Schuman is a junior at the University of Delaware. She is currently majoring in communications with a concentration in mass media and double minoring in journalism and interactive media. Amanda is passionate about all things communications whether it's social media, public relations, writing or just networking. In her free time she can be found watching sit-coms on Netflix, with a book in hand or eating anything sweet. You can follow her @bluehen_amanda