This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

You all love hearing about great people on campus, but what about great places on campus? As schools starts back up, we’re all thinking about the same thing: depression medication. Just kidding! We’re thinking about our new classes, upcoming tests and papers, and how this is the semester we’re finally going to achieve those great study habits. No more procrastination, all-nighters, or subpar last-minute papers for us! Academic success starts in the studying, the time-consuming work you do to prepare for a test or write a great paper. To achieve a great study session the key is the perfect study environment. Research shows that you shouldn’t study in your dorm room or apartment (at least, that’s what “they” say). So let’s look at some great, on campus or close nearby, study spots!

The Life Sciences Library: Haven’t you always wanted to study in the Hogwarts great hall? While that’s probably not possible in real life (unless you swing tickets to the new Harry Potter world, of course), you can achieve a similar vibe at the Life Sciences Library. This library, hidden on the second floor of the tower, is quiet and big with high ceilings and solid, wooden tables. You’ll feel super scholarly surrounded by such an academic vibe and distraction-free environment.

The Union: Sometimes you need to leave the solitude of the library because you need a little distraction from your boring Chem homework. Sit outside on the Union patio or in one of the big rooms on the first floor. The commotion and busy-ness around you will be fun and hopefully lift your spirits. Since you’re in one of the hubs on campus, you’ll run into many friends and familiar faces that will provide a momentary study break. You’ll get a ton done without the boring long hours of silence.

Grassy knoll near the turtle pond: While this might not be ideal in Texas August heat, it’ll cool down eventually. During the fall, sit in the cool shade of a tree near the pond to study. If you stay cooped up all the time, you’ll go crazy. Remember, just because you’re an overwhelmed student doesn’t mean you have to develop vampiric tendencies. Get some Vitamin D and enjoy the quiet peace of the Turtle pond to calm you down before a stressful test.

Bennu Coffee Lounge: This coffeehouse, located only a short drive from UT campus at 2001 E. MLK Blvd., provides a perfect, and caffeinated, atmosphere to get together for a group project or do some solo studying. Open 24 hours a day, Bennu boasts a wide selection of drinks (including coffees, teas, gourmet mochas, and more), pastries (danishes, muffins, scones, etc.), and food from local vendors (including Torchy’s Tacos). Bennu looks more like a living room than a business and has a comfortable and welcoming environment.

Try out these study spots to score some A’s! Good luck and happy studying, ladies.  

Bernice Chuang is a fourth year double majoring in Broadcast Journalism and Communication Studies-Human Relations and doing the Business Foundations Program (aka business minor) at the University of Texas at Austin. Born and raised in Houston, Texas, Bernice is a fan of good country music and yummy barbeque! At UT, Bernice is a resident assistant at an all-female residence hall and currently serves as a senator representing her residence hall, Kinsolving, on the Resident Assistant Association. She also leads a small group bible study for Asian American Campus Ministries and sings with her campus ministries’ a cappella group. When she’s not juggling her various roles and commitments, Bernice enjoys exploring downtown Austin, shopping with her fellow RA staff members, reading books on faith and spirituality, learning how to cook and tackling various dessert recipes, and spending quality time with friends.