This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sonoma chapter.

I don’t know about you, but I am going through a maaaajor pho-ddiction. My addiction started in Fall 2015, when I tried pho for the second time. The first time I had it was in Los Angeles with my sister but for some reason I was not too fond of it. The second time I had it was with my roommates here in Rohnert Park at Pho 90, which is when I fell in love. I have tried four different pho restaurants in the Rohnert Park/Santa Rosa area, so here are some thoughts on each one! *from favorite to least favorite*

1) Pho 90:

My top favorite is definitely Pho 90 because of the taste itself and because of how conveniently close it is to Sonoma State. It is located in the same plaza as Safeway and only about a 5-10 minute drive from Sonoma State. I am there so often, they already recognize my friends and I as soon as we walk in. I have had their brisket pho and their shrimp one as well. Shrimp pho is my favorite so that is usually what I get. I have also had their fresh spring rolls and those are great as well. I’d definitely rate Pho 90 10/10 because of how conviniently close it is, the taste of the food, and the price!

2) Pho Vietnam

Pho Vietnam is located in Santa Rosa and that is probably the only reason I would say this is my second favorite. My friends and I ended up here when we drove to Pho 90 and realized it was closed (PSA they are now closed on Tuesdays). As soon as we walked in we were greeted with friendly faces which was a big plus for me. They seated us in a booth and gave us the menus. This pho place definitely has a lot more options than Pho 90, so if you’re looking to try something new this place is definitely it. I had their shrimp pho, my friend had a brisket pho, and my roommate had their plain pho. We were all more than satisfied with what we got. I also had their spring rolls which I really liked! Maybe even a bit more than Pho 90’s. I’d rate this place 9.5/10, just because it’s a lot further than Pho 90 (which isn’t their fault); but taste wise Pho 90 & Pho Vietnam are definitely my top faves.

3) Thang Long

Thang Long Restaurant is located in Petaluma which is only about a 15 minute ride from Sonoma State. This pho was good, but not my favorite. It has decent tasting pho, but nothing made it stand out like the other pho places. One thing I did notice was that they had regular customers. A few people walked in and knew the workers and ordered right away because they knew what they wanted. This was the only place I did not try the spring rolls at so I can’t say if they are tasty or not. I’d rate this place a 7/10.

4) Noodle Palace

Noodle Palace is located on Petaluma Hill Road in Santa Rosa. As soon as we walked in we were greeted with a super friendly welcome, which made me really excited to try this place. I ordered the shrimp pho and specifically asked for beef broth since the order came with a different broth. When they brought out my order they had given me chicken broth instead. So I politely asked them if I could have beef broth. They came out with the same broth they had originally given me. At that point I was too hungry to ask again so I dug in. The taste was okay, but I did not love it. Maybe if I would’ve tried the beef broth I would have liked it more. We also tried their spring rolls which weren’t bad. I’d rate this a 6/10, not only for messing up my order twice but because of the taste of the food itself.

related articles – http://www.hercampus.com/school/sonoma-state/five-things-know-about-movi…

related articles – http://www.hercampus.com/school/sonoma-state/local-pr-nightmare-why-so-j…

related articles – http://www.hercampus.com/school/sonoma-state/8-outdoor-spots-sonoma-county

Edith Ayala is currently a third year at Sonoma State University. She was raised by a Salvadoran family in the heart of Los Angeles from 1996-2014. In 2014, she moved to Rohnert Park to attend school. She is a Computer Science major and plans on working for Google at some point of her life. Edith likes to write about situations that she has been in, in a way her readers can relate to.
Contributor account for HC Sonoma