6 Things You Should Do in the Last 6 Weeks of Class

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Queen's U chapter.

Congratulations! We’re almost there, guys! We’re so close! However, before we get too ahead of ourselves, I think it’s important that we take a moment to reflect on what we’d like to accomplish and how we’d like to spend our last six weeks of class before exam time, graduation and summer break! The following are six pieces of advice to help us all end this school year off on the best note possible. 

1. Do that thing you always say you’d love to do, but never do.

Go to that one restaurant, bar, or coffee shop around the corner that you’ve always found endearing and have always wanted to go to but never did. It’s easy to fall into a predictable routine and schedule in our daily lives. We bounce from point A to point B and we don’t really stray too far from our comfort zone. There is no better time than the present to simply try something new and likely meet some new people while you’re at it. Before you leave campus for a few months, or possibly for the foreseeable future, be sure to break out of the university bubble to explore the beautiful places, people, and history of the city in which you’re living.

2. Spend time with your friends.

Summer break, or graduation, inevitably seems to separate everyone. Before that bittersweet time comes, make sure to prioritize spending good old quality time with your friends, whatever that means to you. Whether your idea of a perfect time with your pals is board games, movie nights, dance parties, study sessions or whatever else, try to do it often and soak it all in. You’ll truly miss each other soon enough.

3. Take care of yourself.

There is no denying the fact that the last weeks of final semester can turn students into a ball of stress and anxiety. Make a solid game plan for how you’re going to tackle your responsibilities for the remainder of the semester, a game plan that is sustainable and works well for you. Additionally, with midterms here and final exams on the horizon, make sure to strategize ways to keep the stress at bay and take care of yourself. Enroll in a new exercise class or explore a new form of physical activity by yourself or with some friends. Perhaps you go swimming, try a new Zumba or weightlifting class, or you could even get outside and go running as the weather improves. 

4. Have some fun.

Have a few drinks and embrace those crazy, memorable nights out with your favourite people! Remember that you work hard, you deserve it, life is all about balance, that’s what being young is all about… and all those other clichés! 

5. Step outside your comfort zone.

Ask out that cutie in class out that you’ve been crushing on! With only a few weeks left, what do you have to lose?

6. Say thanks. 

Finally, once all the chaos subdues, find the time to thank your parents, friends, siblings or any other people who form your support system for their guidance, love and financial help throughout the year. We couldn’t do it without them!

Finally, I would like to wish you the best of luck with the rest of your semester and I hope you have the most wonderful and joyous summer! 

Hi there! I'm a 4th year English Literature and Drama student at Queen's University. I hope you enjoy my articles!