I Wanna See You Workout for Me: Top Ten Songs to Get You through That Impossible Workout

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

I like to consider myself an athletic person…for the most part. I try (really really hard) to exercise everyday, but with so much going on it seems somewhat impossible. So when I do manage to get myself to the gym, I try to work as hard as I possibly can. However I’ve found that with the wrong music, that last cardio session of my workout stands no chance of happening. For example, take your goal of running a mile in six minutes. Just as you hit that final tenth of a mile, ‘Wrecking Ball’ comes on and all hope is essentially lost. You were this close. To assure you make your goal next time around, here is a list of the top 10 songs to get you through those dreaded final minutes.

10. Versace by Migos feat. Drake

Because who doesn’t love hearing Drake rap ‘Versace’ for five straight minutes?

9. Mercy (RL Grime Salva Remix) by Kanye West

As if the original wasn’t good enough. Add this to your playlist and you’ll be set to run for hours.

8. Dance (A$$ Remix) by Big Sean feat. Nicki Minaj

The perfect song to aid in your struggle on the elliptical. Trust me.

7.  Boy Oh Boy by Diplo

Just when you feel like giving up, Missy Elliott comes in to change your mind.

6. Diva by Beyoncé

What better way to release your inner diva than by listening to the queen herself sing it?

5. Tom Ford by Jay Z

For all of you out there that rock Tom Ford. That impossible ab workout doesn’t stand a chance.

4. Cyclone by Baby Bash feat. T-Pain

I can’t be the only one still obsessed with this song. The only downfall is that it does bring back painful memories of awkward middle school dances.

3. Bang! by Carnage

I swear this song can get me through any and every workout. Thank me later.

2. Work Out by J. Cole

The song title is self-explanatory.

1. Any Britney Spears song

Specifically the oldies. ‘Stronger’ is basically every girl’s power anthem. Am I right or am I right?

Photo Credit: 1

Hi! I'm Jessie and I am currently dual majoring in communication and non-fiction writing at The University of Pittsburgh. I am also the Senior Editor for Pitt's Her Campus! I emulate everything Carrie Bradshaw and can watch Breakfast At Tiffany's everyday for the rest of my life. You can usually find me blasting country music a little too loud while wearing a floppy hat.
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt