This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Summer is quickly approaching, which means it’s time to put away your sweaters and pull out your sleeveless, strapless, and backless tops, or dresses.

Tank tops expose a majority of your upper body (shoulders, arms, upper back, and chest). Try out this 15-minute “tiny tank-top workout” that will help tone your muscles and help you look great in a tank-top for the summer.

1. Standing V Raise: Take a lightweight dumbbell in each hand (about 2-8 pounds). Stand with your feet at shoulder width apart, and your arms at your sides. With your arms straight (not locked), raise the weights in a V shape until your arms are parallel with the floor, then return back to start. Do 12-15 reps, three times.

2. Shoulder Press: Take lightweight dumbbells in each hand and stand with your feet shoulder width apart, and your knees a little bent. Hold your dumbbells just above your shoulders, and palms facing in. Press your weights up until your arms are straight above your head. Hold your dumbbells above your head for one second, and then take three seconds to lower back down to your shoulders. Do six-to-eight reps, three times. 

3. Pike Walk Pushup: Stand with your feet close together and arms at your sides. Bend over (it’s perfectly fine if your knees are slightly bent), and put your hands on the floor in front of you. Walk your hands forward until you are in push up position, and then do one pushup. Then, walk your hand back to pike position and stand up, that’s one rep. Do five-to-six reps, three times. 

4. Airplane extension: Lie facedown and extend your arms out at shoulder height, and palms facing the floor. Pull your shoulder blades together and lift your arms, torso, and legs off the floor. Holding that position, bring your arms out in front of you and hold for one second, then bring your arms back to the previous position, then back to start, that’s one rep. Do 10-15 reps, three times. 

If you repeat this routine on multiple days make sure to switch up the order so that you’re body does not reach a plateau. 

The official Her Campus Oregon account