stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Benefits of Yoga Practice

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

(Story by Staci Chembars)

As a busy college student, it can be hard to find time to do things that really benefit your health. With classes, a job, and a social life, is there really time for yoga and meditation? The answer is yes. Routine is the best way to incorporate a new exercise or practice into your life.

The regular practice of yoga will greatly benefit your health. It releases toxins and allows for blood flow, while it also clears the mind and allows the mind to immerse itself into a world of released tensions. While yoga can tone and increase flexibility, it will not drastically drop weight.

Photo: pewaukeelakechiro.com

Yoga is one of the best outlets to relieve built up stress and strain. Life as a college student holds many stressors. Yoga allows for measured breathing, mind and body awareness, and an altogether sense of control.

The next time you are feeling lethargic and need a boost of energy, add some yoga to your life. Start with beginner poses to get the feel of it, and then add in higher level poses. Remember, yoga is a practice and each person’s body is different, so don’t strain too much while practicing. 

Photo: camelcityyoga.com

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean. E.W. Scripps School of Journalism kid. Avid explorer. Puppy (and all things fluffy) lover.  Twitter: @Taylor_Stano & Instagram: @TayStano