Fall Into Autumn – Easy Foodie Recipes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

As the weather turns colder, the leaves crisp up, and the reality that summer is really over starts to set in, we all need to turn to our favourite old friend: food.

Here are some simple recipes you can whip you when you need a comforting boost to get that seminar reading done – and they’re also great for sharing!

Apple Crumble

We all grew up eating this humble British classic. You can have a go at your Mum’s classic dessert with this simple recipe guaranteed to put a sugary smile on your face after a long day.

RECIPE

Butternut Squash Risotto

Warm up with this easy dinner that uses just five ingredients and takes twenty minutes. It also counts as one of your five a day!

RECIPE

Sticky Toffee Cake

If you want to try something a little more extravagant, take on this terrific toffee bake finished with a delicate drizzle. Your housemates will be thanking you through their mouthfuls.

RECIPE

Pumpkin Cookies

Pumpkins aren’t just for carving anymore! Incorporate this seasonal fruit into your cookies for a sweet twist and a perfect complement to the classic autumnal Starbucks drink.

RECIPE

Aubergine Parmigiana

Cheat your way to a classic Italian dish that oozes with delicious melted cheese. Minimal preparation is required to assemble this fuss-free, student-friendly dish.

RECIPE

All images taken from recipe links.

Emily Talbut

Nottingham

I'm a third year English student at University of Nottingham and when I'm not working or writing, I'm probably watching a Disney movie or listening to one of their soundtracks! I'm a Campus Correspondent for HC Nottingham and generally write about food, travel, and the food I've experienced on my travels!