Member Spotlight: Gabrielle Dolenga ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Name: Gabrielle Dolenga

Year: Junior

Major: Communications

Minor: Public Relations

Hometown: Rochester, Michigan

What made you decide to join Her Campus at MSU? I decided to join HC MSU because of the outstanding group of girls that are part of HC MSU. The ability to work with these gals and truly make a mark on our campus through our writing is pretty awesome.

What’s your favorite thing about HC MSU? My favorite thing about HCMSU is the ability to write about whatever you want, whenever you want. I love the freedom and the support you receive from the other girls – no matter what you’re writing about!

Why did you decide to be a communications major? I chose to be a communications major because I am very interested in how we can use different types of communication to bring out different feelings and reactions in people. This research and strategy is important whether you’re in politics or products. I want to affect a future campaign or industry with one of my strategies.

If you weren’t majoring in communications, what would you major in? I would be a journalism major. I love to write and think the opportunity to travel and be at the center of the the world’s events is super cool!

What do you like the most about minoring in public relations? My favorite thing about minoring in public relations is how well the PR department at MSU prepares you for your future. Every week, I meet a new PR star in the area or add another piece to my portfolio. I’m very lucky to be part of such a great program!

What is your favorite class you’ve taken at MSU? My favorite class at MSU is my campaign design class this semester. We focus a lot on false information being spread through the news in recent times. There’s never a dull moment because of our recent election. It’s cool to analyze these things, but even cooler to work with other millennials to combat the issues facing our media today.

What do you want to do after your graduate? After graduation, I would like to work at a public relations firm or manage corporate communications for a larger company — hopefully in Chicago!

Feminist | Editor | Lesbian