6 Things Retail Employees Wish Customers Would Stop Doing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

1.) If we close at 9, do not come in at 8:58 thinking that we would be more than happy to help you find an entire new winter wardrobe.

2.) We know how to do our jobs, we’ve gone through countless hours of training videos, manuals, and handbooks. But please continue telling us how to fold that shirt and ring out your purchase.

3.) Don’t try to return merchandise you’ve obviously worn multiple times and think that we don’t know. Our clothing didn’t come out of packaging smelling like lavendar vanilla laundry detergent. We always know when you’re lying.

4.) If you see that we are folding huge piles of clothing or have just finished folding, please ask us for help getting a size. We would be more than happy to get your size or multiple sizes for you. We take pride in our cube shaped piles of shirts, please don’t crush our spirits by messing them up.

5.) Please don’t yell at us because we can’t order that sweater that was on clearance last year. Obviously we want you to have the product and if we could get it to you, we would. Yelling at us isn’t going to magically make the item appear in our system’s inventory.

6.) The price on the clearance rack is the price! Constantly asking us to price check everything before you buy it only holds up the lines. And let’s face it, you’re not going to buy more than two shirts from the car sized pile of clothes you’ve brought us to check.

Retail employees are people too, a little respect and kindness towards us goes a long way. It might even get you an extra coupon or two. Thank you! -Management

Ashley Haywood

Millersville

I'm a senior English major with a focus in writing studies and I hope to someday write for a publication within in Lancaster area. I drink more coffee than I probably should, my cat is my baby, and I'm obsessed with my planner. You'll always find me on campus in the library with a cup of coffee in hand! 
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3