This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Dearest feelings,

I wonder what it would be like if we had never met.

I wonder how much my life would be better off without you.

I wish there was some way to take back all those hours I spent with you.

I want there to be a way to make them all go away.

There’s no point in wishing things were different.

There’s only acceptance. Knowing that you were there.

Believing that one day everything will be just a memory.

But still hoping that you cared.

To whom it may concern,

I remember what it was like to feel.

What it was like to wait for the “perfect moment” to say those words that mean everything.

Never what it was like to understand what was making my head spin and my heart drop.

Knowing what it was like to walk in the direction my eyes wouldn’t look.

Always knowing that there was something inviting and accepting.

It’s all but another chapter that has been long read.

Long closed in the corner shelf, as spring arrives.

I see the cherry blossoms racing to bloom among the naked trees.

They remind me of you, feelings.

They remind me of all the times I’ve waited to understand you, to get to know you, and to truly accept all of you.

Some part of me hopes to keep you close to my heart, but the other knows its best left kept in the days where the leaves fall and red is all the eye can see.

Love,

The heart and soul of yours truly.

Audrey graduated from the University of Maryland College Park with a major in Broadcast Journalism and a minor in Information Sciences. She was born and raised in Jakarta, Indonesia. She loves to travel around the world and always has her camera ready to capture everything so follow her on Instagram @audreynwid. Her life motto is 'Don't be afraid to defy the auds, pun intended.' Her furry partner in crime is a Shiba Inu named Hibiki who is quite the model and loves to go hiking. Check him out on Instagram @hibibblekiki
Maryam Pitt

Maryland '18

.