10 Things That Might Happen if You Dress Up Everyday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

You might feel more confident.

Something as simple as wearing that “fancy” dress or a tailored blazer can make you feel your absolute best. When you look put together, you feel put together. Not only will you look more confident, but your posture improves which also boosts your confidence level!

You might be asked to take on more leadership roles.

This advice will never get old: Dress for the job you want, not for the one you have. If you have your eye on an internship or a higher position, it never hurts to invest and take pride in your look.

You might feel encouraged to make more plans.

True story: Hitting up the town right after classes or after school work or even an internship, is a lot less of a priority when you are already in couch-ready leggings and your favorite sweatshirt. On the other hand, a dress will have you ringing your friends asking if they are ready to hit the town and party.

You might feel more motivated to exercise.

There is nothing like a figure-hugging dress or skirt to remind you that the gym is happening, today

You might get a lot of compliments…

It is tough to not be engrossed by your peers who always, always dress up to the nines everyday. It’s not always about formal wear, it is more about leaving no detail behind- from your pocketbook to your polished hairstyle.

And a lot of questions about why you are dressing up.

“Where are you going?” is the one question that your friends and peers that will most likely ask. Your reply: “Nowhere special. Don’t wait up.” A bit of mystery never hurts. 

You might get blisters.

Breaking in shoes hurt. Heels hurt. This will be the one down side to dressing up. But with the right equipment (Bandaids and shoe cushions like Foot Pedal), you will be just fine. 

You might spend a little more than you have.

While dressing up can always be fun, it can be so easy to lose track of your spending. Be sure to shop smart at fast-fashion stores and to properly care for investment pieces to get the most out of your money. 

You might feel in a better mood.

Dressing up can be fun and make you feel more confident. Having fun and feeling good will definitely boost your mood! Life is too short to blend in with everyone else, so do it because it is fun and you want to. You will not regret it! 

You might get inspired to dress better and better.

Consistently dressing up is all that it takes for you to notice the holes (and scuff marks) in your wardrobe! For example, there is a run in your favorite tights and you scuffed up your thigh high boots. Think of this approach to fashion as an excuse to treat yo’ self.