bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 ways to take your workout outisde

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Working out is an important part of staying healthy. With the weather getting nicer, why limit yourself to the machines at the gym. Take advantage of the beauty nature has to offer and take your workout outside. Here are five ways to get fit this summer, without having to go the gym.

1. Go for a bike ride

Riding a bike is a low impact way to get your leg muscles nice and toned and it’s also a cheaper way of getting from place to place.

2. Go for a hike

Hiking is a great workout for those who really enjoy the outdoors, it also a great way to work both your legs and core muscles. If you have never tried it, it is a must. You will be too busy enjoying the beauty that you won’t even realize how far you are walking and how great of a workout it is.

3. Go swimming

Hanging out at the pool does not just have to be a good way to socialize with friends, you can get workout in as well. Swimming laps not only strengthens muscles, it also burns more calories than jogging.

4. Go for a run

Running is great form of exercise that has a wide range of benefits, including heart health, weight loss, improved sleep and many others. Many parks have trails for walking or running that you can enjoy breathing in fresh air and being healthy. With running it is important to start out slow at a pace you are comfortable with and be cautious when the temperature is high.

5. Shoot some baskets

Grab some friends and get a game of basketball, volleyball or even tennis going. Playing sports is a great way to have fun with friends while still getting exercise.

Summer is the best time to catch up with friends, work and enjoy being outside, but it is important not to forget to exercise and let all the fun ruin your habbits developed during the school year.

Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.