jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Five Yummy Treats To Bake This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

I don’t know about you, but I always find myself looking at pictures of food as I scroll through Facebook and Instagram. BuzzFeed has recently been notorious for their eye-catching recipe videos that look surprisingly easy to master. Today I have 5 super yummy treats for you to make at home while it’s still “Warm and Cozy”.

Banana Bread

Although this doesn’t need to be enjoyed only during the fall season, a slice of this would make anyone’s chilly fall morning brighter. I remember waking up in grade school to a fresh loaf of my mom’s homemade banana bread. You could make yours from scratch like she did, or find a recipe online.

Pumpkin Whoopie Pies

Okay this is a not-so-sly shout-out to JMU dining services. I have to say even though I only recently was introduced to whoopee pies, theirs are absolutely delicious. I mean who wouldn’t say yes to a cream filled pumpkin flavored bite of goodness?

Rice Crispy Treats

This one is quite a blast from the past. Do you remember making these with your mom when you were a kid? These were a staple for in-class celebrations and a new fave of mine at Starbucks. Not only are they super easy to make, but you can totally have fun with color! Go ahead and make some red and yellow leaf shaped Rice Krispy treats, no one’s going to judge you here…

Themed Sugar Cookies

You can’t tell me you haven’t made these kind of cookies around this time of year. I love how Pillsbury makes different kinds for each season or special occasions. I remember looking forward to taking the grocery trip with my family and finding these while my mom went through her list. The great thing about these is that they come pre-cut and take less than 20 minutes to make.

Cinnamon Rolls

Cinnamon Rolls have been a recent favorite of mine. Growing up, I never took a liking to them, but I became fond of them when I tried one in the dining hall. I like taking a cinnamon roll and getting a scoop of french vanilla ice-cream on the side.

Well, I hope this post didn’t make you too hungry, and I hope you decide to try these delicious treats! Happy baking!

We own none of these images 

I am an English major obsessed with fashion, iced coffee, and Disney movies. You can most likely find me in a coffee shop editing on my computer, or taking #OOTD pics for my instagram.
Aleixka has a B.A. in Media Arts and Design and a minor in Spanish from James Madison University. She loves all things books, traveling, food, and photography.