kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Healthy Dessert Recipes That Are Surprisingly Tasty!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Have you ever had the moment where you really want that delicious looking piece of cake but you promised yourself you’re going to start eating healthy? It’s time to stop resisting cravings and treat yourself to some yummy desserts that are surprisingly not bad for you.

Healthy cake pops:

What you’ll need:

1/2 Cup Coconut Flour1/2 tsp Baking Powder1/4 tsp Fine Sea Salt4 Large Eggs1/2 Cup Agave Nectar2 tbsp milk2 tsp Vanilla Extract1/3 Cup Coconut Oil (melted)1 Pack Candy MeltsSprinkles

Directions: 

1) Preheat your oven to 356°F

2) In a large bowl mix together 1/2 cup of coconut flour, 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.

3) Melt 1/3 cup of coconut oil in the oven for about 1 minute or until fully melted.

4) Whisk 4 large eggs into the dry ingredients and stir in 1/2 cup of agave nectar, 2 tablespoons of milk and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.

5) Now remove the coconut oil from the oven and mix it into the cake mixture. Stir until there are no lumps.

6) Spoon the mixture into the cake pop mold. Fill each hole to the top. Bake in the oven for 18-22 minutes.

7) Once baked, cool on a cooling tray or in the fridge. Meanwhile, melt the candy melts as instructed on the packet.

8) Once melted, dip the tip of the cake pop stick into the candy melts and stick into the cake pop about half way. Once set, dunk into the candy melts and tap on the side. If the candy melts are too thick, add some vegetable oil to thin it out

9) Before the candy melts dry on the cake pop, put some sprinkles on and voila! 

Healthy Muddy Buddies:

What you’ll need:

2 cups Fiber One Honey Squares2 Tbsp I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter2 Tbsp Creamy All Natural Peanut Butter1 Package Fat Free Sugar Free Vanilla Pudding2 Squares Sugar Free Chocolate Almond Bark2 Tbsp Powdered sugar (optional)

Directions:

1. Melt the butter, Natural Creamy Peanut Butter, and Chocolate Almond Bark in saucepan on low heat. Being careful not to overcook.

2. After it’s melted, pour mixture over the Fiber One Honey Squares

3. Let the mixture cool for about 20 minutes.

4. After the mixture has hardened pour it into a large ziplock bag, add the box of pudding mix and shake gently.  (If you want, this is where you can add the extra 2 Tbsp of powdered sugar to the bag)

Enjoy! Eat in moderation and make sure to share the deliciousness with your friends!

Miranda Jones

Illinois State

Alexandria Jenkins

Illinois State