The Panic of Finals Week told by Gifs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Oh, finals week. It’s that point in the semester when you realize how close, you are to being able to forget all about your papers and assignments and start enjoying the freedom of summer. You’re so close, yet so far—or at least it feels that way. There’s a lot of panic, exhaustion, stress and then eventually, relief, that comes along with finals week. But have no fear, once the week is over, you’re free! So, without further delay, may I present to you what a typical finals week is like. 

When it’s the last week of classes and you’re over it

But then you realize that means it’s finals week coming up

And that means stress and exhaustion 

And LOTS of studying 

When you desperately need sleep but you’re so nervous about tomorrow’s exam

So you fall asleep studying 

And your nerves really kick in as you wait for the professor to hand out the test 

Once you finish your most stressful exam and you feel like you can finally breathe 

And finally, when you take your last exam and it’s officially summer vacation!

Finals week is filled with a lot of ups and downs—well, mainly downs, but no matter how bad it seems, you will make it through! Be sure to try and get sleep in the midst of all of your studying because it’s important and a big part of being able to focus during the actual exam itself. 

Good luck and have an awesome summer! 

Hi, I'm Alex! New York's been my home since the day I was born, but I love exploring all of it's hidden secrets. I'm a diehard Mets fan and anyone who knows me knows that I can talk about baseball for hours. If you ever have any food suggestions, feel free to let me know as I love finding cool eats around New York!