This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Are you a freshman, an upper-classmen or an overzealous student looking to be more involved on campus? If you identified with one of those options then this is the place for you! Hofstra University offers a multitude of clubs and organizations for everyone on campus to get involved. You don’t have to be the bold Long Islander to fit in or have a voice.

Athletics

Club Baseball, Golf, Rowing, Softball, Swim, Tennis, Volley Ball, and Most Other Division One Sports

Rugby

Hofstra’ Powerlifting Team:  lift things up and put them down in a safe environment 

Equestrian: fancy horseback riding

Cross Country

Philanthropic 

HU In The Lines: “The purpose of In the Lines is to raise awareness to therapeutic benefits of coloring to relieve stress”

Habitat For Humanity: “Works directly with Habitat for Humanity in building and restoring homes for those in need”

Discovery Club: “Designed to provide a range of community service, outdoor exploration and leadership opportunities around Hofstra’s campus and the local community”

GiveHope: “Improve the lives of children worldwide by providing THE FOUR HOPES: clean water, proper nutrition, safe shelter and elementary education”

Career Focused

Accounting Society

Public Relations Student Society Association (PRSSA): “Designed to help students enhance their knowledge of public relations and provide access to professional development opportunities”

Association of Pre-Health Oriented Students (APHOS): “Inform Pre-Medical/Dental/Vet students about schools, the application process, Hofstra’s Pre-Health Committee and various volunteer opportunities”

Ed2010: “A networking organization fro aspiring magazine editors”

Various Pre-Professional fraternal Organizations: There is a Greek life organization for almost every major on campus to provide you with career based networking and skills

Just For Fun

Hofstra Quidditch: Real life Harry Potter fun although sadly you don’t get to actually fly

Hofstra Versus Zombies: This is for literature and film fanatics who’ve always wanted to be involved in apocalypse style combat

Creative Arts Therapy (for Graduate Students Only)

Danceworks, Imani, and transcenDANCE: Various levels of competitive dance and showcases

Nonsense Humor Magazine

*Bonus* Female Oriented

Campus Feminist Collective: “EDUCATION. ACTIVISM. COMMUNITY.”

Hofstra Body Positive 

She’s the First: “Not-for- profit that sponsors girls’ education in the developing world, helping them be the first in their families to graduate, while encouraging young women to empower themselves at the same time”

Society of Women Engineers 

Zarb Women in Business

This is not a definitive list but definitely a start for those of you looking to get more involved around campus, which I highly suggest!

Hofstra '17 Hofstra Chapter Vice President (December '16 - December '17) From a young age Naledi has been obsessed with all things pop culture and entertainment. Through writing for Her Campus she has been able to reach a large audience of badass collegiate women who share her crazy passions as well. Beyond Her Campus Naledi is IN LOVE with Hofstra. Her favorite part? The school of comm for allowing her to branch out and get a real dip into the real world prior to graduating. Additionally Naledi is one of those classic people who studies abroad in the spring of 2016 and won't ever stop talking about it! Her best advice? Go and see the world kids and fall in love with your major like Ali and Noah from the Notebook fell in love with each other.
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.