5 Girl Bosses You Need to be Following

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

You already know about all of the high-profile girl bosses, like Beyoncé and Michelle Obama. Within the past few years, we’ve been blessed with some of the most iconic girl bosses. If you’re not already obsessed with these five women, you’re about to be. 

Victoria Beckham (@victoriabeckham)

It’s extremely common to hear that Victoria is so lucky to be married to former People Magazine’s Sexiest Man Alive, David Beckham, but, honestly, I’m way more jealous that David is married to her. After her success in the last ’90s in the mega-popular girl band, the Spice Girls, Victoria stayed out of the spotlight for a few years. Then, BAM! All of sudden, she reemerged with a fabulous fashion line and she just launched a makeup line with Esteé Lauder. The girl cannot go wrong! 

Victoria leaving an airport in 2017

Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden (@kungahuset)

Victoria must be a very popular name for legendary girl bosses! Of course, you know Kate Middleton, the Duchess of Cambridge and future Queen. But, there are even more Europeans royals! Crown Princess Victoria is next in line for the throne. As a baby, her younger brother was set to be king due to the laws that stated that males had the first claim to the throne. That rule was overturned and Victoria is getting her place as the future Queen regnant of Sweden, the first since 1720. As a young girl, Victoria suffered from anorexia as a teenager but now wants to help others who suffer from eating disorders. 

Victoria with her husband at their pre-wedding gala in 2010

Charlotte Tilbury (@ctilburymakeup)

Originally, Charlotte started out as a celebrity makeup artist. Her clients include Nicole Kidman, Kate Moss, Amal Clooney, and that’s only a few of them. On top of her successful career, she also created a skincare, makeup, and fragrance line. Her luxurious products are to die for and are made to enhance your already beautiful self. Charlotte’s mantra is “Give a woman the right makeup and she can conquer the world.”

Charlotte (left) with Kate Moss at the launch of her fragrance line

Rihanna (@badgalriri)

Who doesn’t already LOVE Rihanna? Not only is her music absolutely amazing, but she is also building an empire. Just recently, she released her new beauty line, Fenty Beauty. Rihanna has also ventured into other businesses and has even won 8 Grammy Awards. She’s only 29 and worth an estimated $230 million. She’s always ready to make a statement and stand up for what she believes is right. So, she’s definitely a girl boss that you need to support.

Rihanna at the 2017 Met Gala

Leslie Jones (@lesdogggg)

At the age of 47, Leslie Jones became a cast member on Saturday Night Live and has been making us die from laughter ever since. Recently, she’s been documenting her journey to fitness on social media and is inspiring others to live out their dreams and be healthy no matter what age you are. She’s not afraid to be herself and has quickly become a Hollywood fan-favorite. Leslie is a real-life role model for determination.

Leslie at the premiere of her blockbuster film, Ghostbusters in 2017

You’ve probably heard of all of these ladies but never knew that they were total girl bosses. In this day and age, the media focuses solely on looks and money. But, now, you know that women can do anything, no matter what. These five women deserve way more credit. Look up to them and become your own version of a girl boss!

Abby is a senior journalism major and writing studies minor at Hofstra University. At Her Campus Hofstra, she previously held the positions of Vice President and Social Media Director before becoming co-Campus Correspondent. Abby was a social media intern at BeautyRx, a skin care company based in Manhattan, and an editorial intern at Skincare.com, which is owned and operated by L'Oréal Paris.