samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Things To Do After Midterms

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GWU chapter.

Midterm season is officially over!! That means you’re two-thirds of the way done with the semester! (Can you tell I’m a little excited?) Good or bad, you worked your booty off to get the grades you wanted. Here are five things you should do after a good (or bad) midterm:

1. Cry “You Live, You Learn, You Upgrade”

Yeah, it happens to everyone: after all your hard work, you just don’t get the grade you want (even after the curve-gods bless you with three extra percentage points!) It’s okay to cry and be sad for a little bit, but don’t dwell on it too much; you still have a third of the semester to finish strong! Go to office hours with your professors and get the low down on all the details you missed. Consider joining a study group or getting a tutor. The more proactive you are in this process, the better you’ll do next time.

2. Sleep “I Woke Up Like This”

Because you deserve it honey.  

3. Don’t Let it Define You “Too Glam to Give a Damn”

The number-one lesson you can learn in college is to go at your own pace. As women, we get bogged down about who’s succeeding and who’s not, but everyone is succeeding in their own way! Personally, I am taking a biology class where everyone in the class is on the pre-med track. It gets tough, but I don’t let it define me; I know that I’m there to learn, just like everyone else.

4.Get Focused “She Turned Her Can’ts into Cans, and Her Dreams into Plans”

So you fell off your rocker… I mean really fell, super hard. Midterms were more of a wakeup call than anything. No more club-hopping on a Wednesday night, and skipping all your 8 am’s (it’s kind of like eating an entire carton of cookie dough ice cream – feels good, but you’re only hurting yourself.) It’s time to buckle down and put on your big girl panties. Sometimes getting focused has nothing to with studying hard and being perfect. You can start by taking better notes… or just showing up to class.

5. CELEBRATE “Get it Girl !”

Good or bad, the semester’s almost over!! #yassssssss

Imani Ross is a freshman at the George Washington University Majoring in Communications in the Columbian College of Arts and Sciences. She loves writing, shopping and binge-watching endless re-runs of A Different World on Netflix.