The Top 11 Monthly Subscription Boxes for Collegiettes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Subscription boxes are on the rise as many promote healthy living and feature great products. You basically subscribe to get a surprise gift each month! They also make for great gifts if you are looking for something with a lot of different options. Whether they feature beauty products or healthy snacks, these are the top 11 subscription boxes we recommend for collegiettes everywhere!

1. Ipsy

This subscription comes packed with 5 samples, and sometimes, full sizes of beauty products along with a makeup bag. Subscribers take a beauty quiz to curate the ideal box of products for themselves. These questions ask about eye color, skin tone, favorite brands, and other preferences so your bag is full of good stuff for you. Featured brands include: Maybelline, Urban Decay, Tarte, Benefit, and Smashbox!

Starts at: $10/month

2. Birchbox    

This beauty box delivers in an actual, small box and like Ipsy, features 5 items each month. The difference between Birchbox and Ipsy seem to be the brands that the boxes feature. While they both cater to beauty and makeup lovers, Birchbox offers different brands such as Dr.Jart, Shiseido, Clinique, and Bumble & Bumble.

Starts at: $10/month

Related: How Long Should You Be Keeping Your Makeup?

3. Graze

Love snacking, but trying to stay fit for that bikini? This one could be the one for you! Graze offers a variety of healthy and hearty snacks, mostly featuring nuts and berries. The great thing about these yummy snack mixes is that they come perfectly portioned, so you could just throw one into your bag and go! No worrying about portions or loading up too much on nuts that are high in calories!

Starts at: $14/month

4. Candy Club

This one is for those with a big sweet tooth. It’s also on the pricier side of the boxes featured on this list. Candy Club offers subscribers 3 different candies to try each month. From gourmet gumballs to jelly beans and gummy bears, this subscription box is truly full of surprises!

Starts at: $28/month

5. Love with Food

This unique box is much like the Graze box mentioned above. However, the items featured in these boxes aren’t portioned, and aren’t as healthy, but nonetheless delicious. All of the products sent are organic or all-natural, making for some more guilt-free snacking. Subscribers can get from 7-15 different snacks to try, depending on their monthly plans. This one is probably perfect for those all-nighters in the library during finals week!

Starts at: $8/month

6. Allure Beauty Box

More beauty boxes-hooray! This one is special because the included products are handpicked by the editors of Allure Magazine, and are high-end products that are featured in the publication itself. Most of the beauty products that come are sample sizes.

Starts at: $15/month

7. Taste the World

This is another unique box that is curated to supply subscribers with, well, a taste of the world! Snacks and treats from all over the world are included in this monthly box so you can get a taste of international goodies without leaving campus. This one features snacks or even full size products for the pantry, depending on your monthly plan.

Starting at: $15/month

8. Foodstirs

If you enjoy baking, but don’t have all of the necessary supplies or tools at college, this one is for you! Foodstirs sends subscribers boxes of baking tools and mixes to put together a new treat each month. All of the mixes are organic and subscribers usually just need some everyday ingredients and an oven! Perfect for the home baker who is away from home.

Starting at: $59/three months

9. Vegan Cuts Snacks

More guilt-free snacking! Just as the name suggests, this food box features products that are 100% vegan. This one is perfect for those who are curious about plant-based diets, or just want some cruelty-free snacks. Each monthly box features 10 compassionate snacks to enjoy.

Starting at: $18/month

10. Vegan Cuts Beauty

From the same brand above, Vegan Cuts, this box features beauty products instead of snacks! Each month subscribers get 4-7 skincare products that are all cruelty-free. No makeup is featured, as the brand also has one for that, but the products included in this box are meant for face, skin, hair, and nails.

Starting at: $18/month

Related: 5 Cruelty Free Makeup Brands

11. PMS Package

The PMS package is the perfect gift to yourself when that time of the month comes around. It’s filled with your unique cravings and all your essential needs to get you through as comfortable as possible.

Starting at: $15/month

Nancy Nyamaa

George Mason University '19

Nancy is currently a senior at George Mason majoring in communication (concentration in journalism) and minoring in conflict analysis & resolution. She's passionate about true crime podcasts, baking, and editing. After she graduates she hopes to pursue a career in journalism and eventually go to grad school.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com