Getting Ready For Class In 10 Minutes or Less

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.
The first day of class was easy. We planned our outfits days, maybe even weeks, before we actually put them on to strut down the quad for our first ever classes of Spring 2012. With our recently bought threads and our freshly polished, eager-for-spring faces, we entered our classrooms. Now of course, the main pillar of our college career centers around education and quality learning. However, extracurricular activities are a must, and like any woman, I am always on the search for prospective activities and applicants. After coming to a conclusion that there was not one boy who looked over at least 18 years old, or one who had ventured into the world of fashion beyond the Gap, I relinquished my desire to look stunning class after class. I have lost hope, but I have also been in College for four years. At this point in my undergraduate degree, I am lucky if I even wake up in time to put my contacts in. I would rather go blind.

As ladies of George Mason, however, we cannot let time constraints or the lack of Patrick Dempsey lookalikes on campus hinder our daily appearance. After all, you never know who you might run into!
Here are some of my favorites:

Tinted Moisturizer
This is, hands down, the best discovery I made since push up bras. Avoid the powder, and
definitely avoid the concealer, you don’t have time girlfriend. A little of this liquid miracle and your
face is not only moisturized but also clear and blemish free.
I love: Nivea Visage Tinted Moisturizing Day Cream.

Dry Shampoo
This I have to credit to one of my best girls, who cannot live without this little gem. I am now a complete convert, and I cannot imagine not knowing about how great this product was beforehand! Spray a little directly into your roots, brush out your hair, and watch that I-went-out-last night-and-didn’t-shower-today look disappear. Your hair will look fresh, bouncy and ready for the day!
Our Favorite: TRESemme Fresh Start. (Comes in travel size bottles…you are
welcome)

Eyebrow Pencil
No matter what kind of eyebrows you have, a little shape goes a long way. Take care of your skin when you have more than ten minutes to spare, that way your tinted lotion will take care of your beautiful face with little to no effort. After that, all you need is a little eyebrow sass and you are good to go. Eyebrows show a lot about a person, make them too ‘archy’ and you might be perceived as intimidating, make them classy, while dark enough and well shaped to give the look of a put-together-princess. My Favorite: (Anastasia, Beverly Hills. $22, Sephora. Used by many celebrity makeup artists, I think it’s the best product out there!)

Perfume
Don’t judge me, but in ten minutes.. a shower is never really feasible. I would rather get some breakfast in me then spend half of those precious minutes cursing under hot water. The best thing to do is conservatively apply, as you usually would, a good perfume. You instantly feel beautiful and put together if you smell like a celebrity, even if you look thrown together elsewhere.  Good quality perfume is a MUST have for every woman, find one that complements you, it should almost speak to you. Perfume could be the first impression someone has of you, make it count!

My Favorite: Chanel Chance, $85, chanel.com

And my favorite discovery: Roll on perfume. If you don’t even have enough time for a spritz, throw a roll on in your bag for a perfect final touch to your gorgeous ten minute outfit. I have found my favorite roll ons at Nordstrom and Sephora. My all time favorite is Flowerbomb, by Viktor & Rolf. $58 for 3 viles at Nordstrom.com.

Pick a simple outfit! The best go to I have discovered, without fail, are; skinny jeans, an oversized tee or tunic, your favorite long gold or silver necklace, and boots/uggs//TOMS/flops/flats depending on the season!

Hair is difficult, but you know what looks good on you. For me, my hair is very long. Usually when I wake up, I look like I haven’t had my hair done since Clinton was in office. I find that the easiest thing to do is a low, conservative bun with a side part and a simple black headband.

Finally, sunglasses. I would literally have an anxiety attack if I realized my trusty Dolce and Gabbana aviators were MIA. If you haven’t had time to cover your dark circles (which in ten minutes, I know I haven’t!) Then these babies will take care of you immediately. Just a word of caution: you might want to take them off before your professor begins his or her lecture…

Don’t forget these little tricks, and for goodness sake, brush your teeth. Have a great class!

Sabel is a senior at George Mason University majoring in History and Economics. Although she'd rather stay a student forever, she is excited to see what the future brings her in the fashion industry. Besides her endeavors at HerCampus, Sabel is a Style Guru for CollegeFashionista.com writing the Style Advice of the Week column for Mason. Adding to her busy schedule are her duties in her sorority, volunteering for Operation Smile, contributing to the social media world, feeding her soda addiction, shopping at J.Crew and coloring everything around her pink. And yes, the last three are major priorities in her book.