Campus Throwback: 90’s Pop Workout Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Summer feels so far away, but before you know it, it’ll be time to try on those adorable swimsuits! Trust me, I have far from broken my New Year’s resolution to hit the gym more often. It’s never too late to get back on track. Here’s a little throwback list of your favorite 90’s hits to motivate you for your next gym visit!

(You Drive Me) Crazy” – Britney Spears We’re all guilty of full-out dancing and singing along to Britney’s songs. “Crazy” is a great song for interval training. 

Genie In A Bottle” – Christina Aguilera

Here We Go” – *NSYNC If this doesn’t take you back to 1997, then I don’t know what will! The up-beat tempo is great for a warm-up.

Larger Than Life” – Backstreet Boys

Spice Up Your Life” – Spice Girls Spice up your workout! Turn those boring floor exercises into your favorite part of a workout. Split up reps in between the chorus!

C‘est La Vie” – B*Witched

S Club Party” – S Club 7 Ain’t no party like an S Club Party, right?! I spent most of my childhood wondering that…but anyways, the beat of this song is perfect for a day of cardio.

No Scrubs” – TLC

Jumpin’, Jumpin’” – Destiny’s Child This sassy girl group will get your heart rate jumpin’. This song isn’t too fast, so save it for lifting weights in order to pace yourself.

Shoop” – Salt-N-Pepa

Mamma Mia” – A*Teens A*Teens brought back ABBA in the 90’s, and we thank them for that. Mamma Mia is perfect for a day on the stationary bike. 

Slam Dunk (Da Funk)” – Five

Aaron’s Party (Come Get It)” – Aaron Carter Aaron Carter was THAT dude. If you weren’t invited to his party, have your own cardio party at the gym!

Smile” – Vitamin C

Hey Juliet” – LMNT Extremely catchy, and sure to get you off the couch and into the gym. The beats are perfect for the stair-stepper!

Butterfly” – Crazy Town

Can I Get Your Number (Girl Like You)” – No Authority Ah, the days when 7 digits were all you needed. This song is so up-beat that you’ll never get off the treadmill!

All Star” – Smash Mouth    

Give Me Just One Night” – 98 Degree

Summer Girls” – LFO Summer Girls will motivate you for summer 2k14! This catchy tune is perfect for a relaxing cool-down. 

Enjoy your workout collegiettes!

George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com