This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Meet Sarah Katzenstein, the funniest and most hard-working person I know! I got to interview her for this week’s Campus Celebrity and spent the whole time wondering is there anything she can’t do (the answer is no btw). Read about her amazing life here! 

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Miami, Florida

Major: Communications with a concentration in Public Relations

Why did you come to Mason?

After living in Miami for five years, I needed a change of scenery! However, I’m a city girl so naturally I gravitated to Mason since it’s right outside of DC. GMU has a good dance department, and I would eventually be able to double major in dance and PR like I wanted to. 

What is the biggest difference between DC and Miami?

Miami  has more of a Hispanic influence. Almost everyone speaks Spanish, there’s amazing Spanish food, and Spanish music pretty much bumps 24/7 (no one can sit still when reggaeton is playing, it’s science). Honestly, I still really miss croquetas and cafe con leche. Also, Miami DEFINITELY runs on island time!

DC is a little bit more intense with the time thing but it definitely has its perks. All in all, Miami is my home but DC feels like the place I need to be right now. There are more opportunities for me in my field here and I love living in a new city. I like to think that my life is kind of like an Eat, Pray, Love scenario except with a more Broke, College, American Cities vibe. 

What are you involved with on campus?

Right now, I’m involved with the Public Relations Student Society of America and I am also a sister in the Chi Kappa chapter of Chi Omega. Also, I watch so much Netflix that I should make a club out of it, but I would never do that because that would involve getting out of my bed. 

How has joining PRSSA helped you move forward in your career?

I can’t thank this organization enough. Seriously, if you’re a PR students JOIN THIS ORGANIZATION. I’ve gotten internships through PRSA (Public Relations Society of America-which is the professonal chapter) events, networked with professionals that intimidated the hell out of me, toured the world’s top PR firms, and learned so much from all my experiences. To put it simply, PRSSA has given me the confidene and tools I need for success in public relations. 

What has been your favorite memory this year?

I know this sounds super cheesy and srat, but joining Chi Omega was one of my favorite memories this year. Everyone loves carbs as much as I do, so it’s quite harmonious. 

What are your future plans for this upcoming summer and new semester?

This summer, I’ll be emptying out my bank account (a whopping $1.25 in it right now, btw) to study abroad in Italy with some of my sisters from Chi Omega. Also, I’ll be exploring Spain with my best freind! Next semester, I might die with the course load I’m taking on, but I will be interning and focusing on academics. For my spring semester, I’ll be studying abroad again. To say I’m excited is an understatement.

Favorite Quote: 

“Kim, would you stop taking pictures of yourself?? Your sister is going to jail!” 

– Kris Jenner 

All photos are property of Sarah Katzenstein

Anya Shelton

George Mason University

I am a freshman student at Mason coming all the way from Destin, FL. I am currently majoring in Communications with a concentration in Public Relations. 
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com