diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Things to Do to Help With End of the Semester Stress

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

These last few weeks are so stressful but we F&Mers can and will get through this. Here are 10 things you can do to combat the stress of finals.

1. Go on a jog or go to the gym

Working out regularly is great for your health it also releases endorphins that counteract stress. Grab a friend, go to the gym, and work it. 

2. Get outside

Yes it freaking freezing right about now, but nothing wakes you up like a cold day. Walk to mean cup and refuel with a coffee and some fresh air.

3. Take breaks

– Don’t bang out a paper last minute; you’ll feel brain dead afterwards and it probably won’t be that good.

– Grab lunch with a friend or watch a cute YouTube cat video. Then, with a refreshed mind, you can go back to doing work.

4. Listen to some music

– Music is a great way to destress and have fun.

Dancing around or singing too loud can help if you’re feeling sad. Don’t worry about being off key, have some fun, and then go back to studying.

5. Talk about it with friends

We’re all stressed and venting about your stress could be just the thing you need to relax and understand that it’s all going to be okay.

6. Make a To-Do list

Setting certain goals or lists to complete each day can help you keep organized and less stressed.

7. Eat some dark chocolate

Little amounts of dark chocolate are shown to help keep you awake. I don’t mean eat the whole damn box, though we know that we want it all, but one piece of dark chocolate can wake you up and it tastes so good too.

8. Go find a dog to play with

We all love dogs and luckily a lot of friends we know have dogs on campus. Ask them if you can play with their dog because these furry animals are magicians at making stress disappear.

9. Read a good book

I know we have too many assignments to read anyway, but getting lost in a great sotry can take your mind off work when you shouldn’t be stressing, like right before you go to sleep.

10. Lastly, go out for a little!

Yes, I probably shouldn’t tell you to go out to that party, but you’re going to anyway. So go, drink responsibly so you aren’t too hungover to do work the next day. Let be real, you’re not going to be working on a paper at 11pm anyway, so don’t hold yourself back! Go out, but be responsible.

Good lucky on your finals everyone!!! And Happy Holidays! 

Senior at Franklin and Marshall College. Psychology Major
I attend Franklin & Marshall College and am the campus correspondent of the Her Campus chapter here. I also play flute with the Pep Band and Symphonic Wind Ensemble. I am an editor for the Patsy Post, am involved with F&M Unleashed, a member of Mu Upsilon Sigma, and a Brother of Phi Sigma Pi, a co-ed honors fraternity.