Naam Srisaard: Director of Marketing, EEVM

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Meet Naam, the Director of Marketing for Emory Entrepreneurship & Venture Management (EEVM)! Check out below for more on what she does and about EEVM’s upcoming event, HackATL.

Name: Naam Srisaard

Year: Junior 

Major: BBA (Information Systems & Operations Management), Music Minor

Hometown: Bangkok, Thailand

Extracurricular Activities: Thai Student Association (Co-founder & President), Social Enterprise @ Goizueta (Graphic Designer), International Orientation Leader (Academic Fellow), Emory Entrepreneurship & Venture Management (Director of Marketing), Alpha Kappa Psi (Pledge)

Tameka: Describe yourself in 5 words.

Naam: Winging everything kind of successfully. 

T: What is EEVM? What made you join?

N: I joined EEVM because I wanted to get involved with entrepreneurship. I find EEVM super cool because not only does it host the largest business hackathon in the Southeast (HackATL), it also provides all sorts of resources throughout the year for anyone who simply wants to learn. EEVM has a space at the Atlanta Tech Village, Startup Studio created a real snack subscription startup called Munchies, Excellerator helps develop students’ startup ideas… the list goes on. My favorite thing is that you get the chance to make things happen. If you have a crazy project or marketing idea, you pitch it to the group and chances are you’ll get to lead the entire thing yourself. Probably why we like to say “EEVM moves fast and we get things done.”

T: What is your role? What does it entail?

N: As Director of Marketing, I work with my team to come up with ways to get as many people as possible to know about EEVM events. It’s about crafting the EEVM brand by putting up quality hype materials and promoting them strategically on social media and in person. It entails really understanding your audience’s behavior and addressing how what we do will benefit them (sometimes “we have free food and shirts” is not enough). Marketing is the face of any organization, so it’s important to make sure the quality, consistency, and relevance of everything we publish are all up there.

T: Can you tell us a bit about HackATL?

N: HackATL is a weekend where students from all over the country come to Emory and grind for 48 hours to develop and pitch their business idea. It’s a business hackathon so you don’t need any coding experience or to actually build your product. There’ll be over $6,000 worth of total prizes, judges and panelists from real startups and VCs, and a ton of free swag and food. This year we’re encouraging students in other academic fields to participate in one of our categories: Social Enterprise, Consumer Technology, and Health & Wellness. Honestly, whether you have an idea or just wanna learn, HackATL is an amazing chance for you to find your passion, meet new people, and get inspired by your peers and mentors who will be with you the entire weekend. To all aspiring entrepreneurs, social justice advocates, designers, developers, doctors … Come through this November 10-12!

T: How can other students get involved?

N: HackATL applications are open until November 6th at hackatl.org! After that, every student is welcome to the Opening Ceremony (featuring David Cummings, founder of Atlanta Tech Village) and any of the panels to learn about product development, the venture capital space, and entrepreneurship in general. 

If you are interested in joining EEVM Exec Board, follow our Facebook page (EmoryEVM) for details on Spring recruitment!

Her Campus at Emory University