A Collegiette’s Spring Break Plans

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

What to do on your spring break

Spring break is right around the corner and for some of us plans are still in the works. Here are collegiettes’ picks on how to spend the week:

Fun in the Sun!

What could be better or more relaxing than hitting PCB, Cabo, or a cruise with some of your girlfriends? Getting a little R&R in the sunshine is just what every collegiette needs to recharge mid-semester. Whether you’re on the beach with your family or your girlfriends, make sure you’re staying hydrated in the heat and you’re wearing sunscreen. We want to come back from break glowing, not peeling!

Concerned about fitting into that bikini you bought over winter break? See our tips for the best ways to stay healthy and still tone your body in preparation for spring break!

Alternative Spring Break

Volunteer Emory hosts a variety of spring break service trips throughout the Southeast. Trips include community building, natural disaster relief, and Native American preservation, amongst others. If you still haven’t figured out your plans for break, applications are still open for the trips! This is a great way to help various communities, expand your experiences, and meet new people from Emory!

Hanging at Home

This is definitely my M.O. Nothing beats your own bed, a little peace and quiet, and home cooked food. For a lot of students, this is the go-to spring break option.

Bored at home? This is a great time to get ahead on the tasks you have for the rest of the semester, whether it’s studying for standardized graduate school exams or applying for a couple summer internships. Though spring break is a great time to catch up with friends and family (and sleep!) don’t fall into the trap of forgetting about school altogether! A productive but relaxing spring break can be the key to making or breaking a successful spring semester!

Whatever your plans are for spring break, make sure to look fabulous and have a blast with your fellow collegiettes! 

Originally a New Jersey native, Emily now calls London, England home. She is a Creative Writing/English major and is a rowing, Grey's Anatomy and Pretty Little Liars enthusiast. 
Her Campus at Emory University