6 Awesome Smoothie Recipes For All Of Your Food Needs!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Craving a cold drink, but a juice or a bottle of water is just not doing it for you? Are you in the mood for breakfast or a snack to really jump-start your day? Want to put a bunch of your favorite healthy foods into one magical drink? Sounds like you want—need—a smoothie! Check out these smoothies to see how they are good for you and how they can satisfy your food needs!

Want healthy looking skin that will grab the attention of that crush that’s been catching your eye? Try this Green Vibrant Smoothie!

Ingredients:

1 cup of clean spinach leaves

1⁄2 cup of water

1 cup of green seedless grapes

1 pear (remove the core, stem and seeds)

1 cup of clean kale

1 pealed orange (cut up prior to blending)

1 pealed banana (cut up prior to blending)

1 teaspoon chia seeds

2 cups of ice

The healthy fats in coconut oil are great for healthy skin. Coconut also includes vitamin E, which enhances healthy skin growth and repair. Try this Cream Coconut Smoothie to help indulge your dessert needs!

Ingredients:

4 ounces of water

4 ounces of unsweetened almond milk

4 ice of cubes

1 tablespoon of coconut oil

1 tablespoon of shredded unsweetened coconut

1⁄2 frozen banana cut into chunks

Berries are full of antioxidants, which help prevent early skin aging, and help cure your sweet tooth! Try this Sweet Berry Smoothie!

Ingredients:

1 of cup water

1/4 cup of raspberries (frozen or fresh)

1/4 cup of kale

1/4 cup of strawberries (frozen or fresh)

1/4 cup of blueberries (frozen or fresh)

Do you love peanut butter so much that you can eat it plain? If so, this is the right smoothie for you! Peanut butter has good fats for your body, and bananas are loaded with potassium, so give this Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothie a go!

Ingredients:

1 banana

1/4 cup of peanut butter (for a healthier option, try natural peanut butter!)

1/2 cup of ice

1 cup of milk (try low-fat or soy!)

2 tablespoons of honey

Want a smoothie, but don’t want to put any lactose-products in it? No fear, the Mango and Peach Smoothie is here!

Ingredients:

1 sliced peace

1 peeled and chopped up mango

1/2 cup of milk

1/2 cup of orange juice

Need some veggies, but don’t feel like getting a salad? Stick all your needs in a blender with this Green Machine Smoothie!

Ingredients:

1 kale leaf

1 large handful of spinach (preferably fresh)

1/2 cup of mango
 (fresh or frozen)

1 pealed banana

1/2 cup of pineapple
 (fresh or frozen)

2/3 cup of water

Sara graduated from Emerson College in December 2013 with her B.S. in Marketing Communication. She loves writing, designing and DIY.  Follow her on twitter @SaraWynkoop