rodion kutsaev 8P uQaTd8rw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
rodion kutsaev 8P uQaTd8rw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How To Get Through Finals Without Losing Your Mind

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Look out students! In less than two weeks’ time, we will be gearing up for finals. It’s the final stretch, especially for us seniors. This is the week where all the hard work you’ve put in is supposed to pay off. This semester has been a tough one! I know I have had a very difficult semester and I am excited to get done with finals and go on winter break! However, before we do that, we must realize how important this week is. This determines our final grades so we have to put our best foot forward. As we enter the last part of the semester, it’s imperative that we take of ourselves! It’s very easy to put too much focus into studying and not pay enough attention to your health and sanity. The following are tips that you can take with you into finals week so you don’t lose your mind.

1. Drink tea!

Tea is a great beverage to drink during these stressful times! It instantly relaxes you and you can buy some teas that actually help put you at ease.

2. Take study breaks!

Studies have shown that taking breaks between 30-50 minute intervals can help improve the amount of info you remember. So use those breaks to watch a show or hit the treadmill!

3. Eat healthy!

Eating fruits and vegetables can help improve your concentration, help you stay alert and improve your mood overall. So, grab an apple on your way to the library!

4. Sleep!

Make sure to get a good night’s rest! Getting sleep will help eliminate making stupid mistakes on exams and it will make you feel better overall.

5. Start early!

Don’t procrastinate! Finals week is arguably the most important week of the entire semester. Start early and come up with a plan on how to study for your exams so you don’t feel overwhelmed!

6. Stay positive!

Stay positive! While this can be a tough week, you will get through it so much more easily if you stay positive!

Hey guys! My name is Nina Moore and I am currently a sophomore at DePauw! I am studying biology and Spanish. I love writing about fashion because, as cliche as it is, it really is one of my passions! Hope you guys like my articles!
Campus Correspondent for HC DePauw! Psychology and Spanish major, art history minor '17. CollegeFashionista Style Guru & Editorial Intern. DePauw Cheerleading Social Media Manager.