Don’t be Afraid of the Medical and Counseling Clinic

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

It is that time of the year when the skies are darker, the air is colder, and you’re just not quite feeling like yourself. That cold has been going on for two weeks now and you’re starting to convince yourself you know what the feeling of death is… Thanks Webmd. Never let yourself get to this point. The Medical and Counseling Clinic, located conveniently on campus, has a large variety of services that you did not even know you were missing.

At the Medical Clinic, they do all general medical screening for injuries and illnesses. With appointments simply made on your online portal or over the phone, it is easy to make that appointment before that sore throat gets any worse. The clinic also offers a number of different services including STD testing, female exams, pregnancy tests, lab work, and x-rays.

Attached to the Medical Clinic is the Counseling Clinic where you can go and meet your new best friend. Not someone who will go to lunch with you everyday or out on a shopping spree but rather someone who is there to listen to you. That staff at the Counseling Clinic are all licensed counselors and psychologists who are able to give you quality and unbiased advice.

Many people assume that the Counseling Clinic is reserved only for those battling depression, anxiety, and other mental disorders; however, the mission is to make sure no one student feels alone, sad, afraid, or stressed on this campus. This mission is accomplished by providing group and individual sessions as well as tools and tips to help you overcome the stress and anxiety that you upper level class is giving you—or whatever else is consuming your daily thoughts.

The Medical and Counseling Clinic is a FREE service if you are a full time student… One more time for those in the back: A FREE SERVICE. Once we graduate and enter the “real world”, an initial trip to the doctor (just stepping through the door) will cost you $100 and a visit to a psychologist is $100 per hour on a weekly basis. So, take advantage of this service while you can. They won’t bite.