How To Stay Fit & Healthy While Attending College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

It is very difficult to keep ourselves motivated to eat well and workout while studying hard and struggling as a student and intern. It may not seem like it, but it is possible to keep your fitness priorities straight and keep up with a crazy schedule…

Here are a few tips to help you achieve your body goals even when you have a busy lifestyle:

1. Plan

It is very important to plan your schedule, this way you will waste less time thinking on what to eat, when you will find time to workout. You need to use what you have wisely (even if it is a tiny half an hour per day).  Our tip is to split your timetable, schedule a day and time to go to the gym, to do your homework and to rest a little. With a more rigid plan, you can control your time, instead of being the other way around.

2. Pack your snacks/lunch

If you eat out, there are very little chance of it being healthy (and if it is most time it is also quite expensive). There are many delicious and easy options to take to school, which will work as fuel for your body and also your brain, it may even improve your performance in class and at work.

3. Be Assertive about Gym Hours

Some days it is impossible to find the energy to go workout, especially after a long day of challenging classes and club meetings. We recommend going to gym in the morning before anything else, sometimes even breakfast, so you can easily risk this off your list. Another option is togo to the gym straight from college/work, if you go home you will probably be tempted to take a nap or watch Netflix.

4. Sleep Well

We often pull all nighters to finish work or to cram for an exam, but messing with our sleep affects our metabolism and fat loss. In “The Sleep Revolution”, writer Arianna Huffington claims that most people underperform because of poor hours of sleep.It takes more time for your brain to readjust after hours without sleep then the actual hours you didn’t nap.It is important to rest and have a good night sleep not only to maintain the body healthy but also to stay sharp in school.

Larissa Damascena

Casper Libero '20

-
Alana Claro

Casper Libero '17

Alana is a Senior in Cásper Líbero University, majoring in Journalism. She is President of Casper Libero's Chapter and an intern in a Corporate Communications firm. Born and raised in Sao Paulo, where she speaks Portuguese, although English is her ever-lasting love. Alana is a proud Slytherin and INTJ.