6 Ways to Destress This Weekend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

It’s at that point in the semester – we’re all totally stressed out after weeks of midterms, essays, and research projects. So take a chance this weekend to relax and get a final burst of energy for the next few weeks of classes before Thanksgiving break.

Here are 6 things you can do this weekend to unwind. 

1. Take a walk down to the Battery. 

One of the best parts of living in Charleston is being so close to all the touristy spots. Take advantage of living so close to the water and take a walk to Battery Park – snap an Instagram of the beautiful mansions and enjoy the views of Fort Sumter and Sullivan Island. 

2. Art therapy

Though we may not all consider ourselves “artists,” who doesn’t love to doodle in the margins of their notebooks during class? Whether it’s making an art journal, painting, or drawing in an adult coloring book; creating something is always a great way to calm down after a busy week.

3. Retail therapy 

Charleston is also a great place to shop. And if you need an excuse to go out and spend money on gorgeous new fall sweaters, Second Sunday is this weekend, November 8th from 12pm-5pm. Happy shopping!

4. Take a bath! 

Grab a magazine, light some candles, turn on some music and throw in a Lush bath bomb. You’re officially set to spend all afternoon forgetting that the outside world exists.

5. Listen to a relaxing playlist.

Try throwing on one of these calming 8tracks mixes here, here, and here.

6. Watch Netflix

When all else fails, avoid leaving your bed as much as possible and binge watch an entire series on Netflix in record-breaking time.

No matter how you choose to spend your weekend, make sure you take time to relax – you deserve it collegiettes!

I'm a senior English major with a concentration in Creative Writing at CofC originally from Boston. I'm also a member of the Honors College, Literati, and HSA here at the College. I love libraries, Target, and exploring; and I am way too emotionally invested in fictional characters. I'm currently leaving the love of my life (the ocean) behind to study abroad in London for the semester.