Thankful For Internships

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

It is easy to get wrapped up in the stress and pressure of needing to get an internship for the summer. However, as you skim over your resume and update your LinkedIn profile, it is important to also appreciate the experiences and skills you are able to put on the list. The overwhelming process of securing an internship can often consume our minds, leading us to forget to be grateful for the connections we have and the network surrounding us. Tis the season to be thankful for the ability to apply to internships and the opportunities Bucknell provides its students!

Be thankful for Bucknell’s strong alumni connections:

Be thankful for the Career Development Center and The Bridge resources:   

Be thankful for Bucknell’s workshops and events:

Upcoming events:

• November 30th: Mock phone and Skype interviews (30 minute Q&A and 15 minutes of constructive feedback)
  • January 31st: Spring Internship & Job Fair

Be thankful for Bucknell’s Externship experiences:

The deadline for externships for juniors is November 13th

Be thankful for Bucknell’s career Pinterest page:

Break is a great time to update your resume and LinkedIn profile with classes, jobs, and extra curricular activities, so take time to reflect on the skills you’ve gained since the last time you updated it. Reach out to companies, fill out applications, stay organized, make a calendar for future events and set goals with specific deadlines! While you’re doing all of this, be sure to take advantages of all of the resources Bucknell has to offer!

Molly Farrell is a junior at Bucknell University majoring in creative writing and minoring in arts entrepreneurship. She enjoys long walks on the beach, netflix to continue playing, and her puns intended. Follow her on instagram: mfarrell34
What's up Collegiettes! I am so excited to be one half of the Campus Correspondent team for Bucknell's chapter of Her Campus along with the lovely Julia Shapiro.  I am currently a senior at Bucknell studying Creative Writing and Sociology.