Most Anticipated TV Premieres and Returns of 2013

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

With the New Year comes the premieres and returns of TV shows! Here are the shows that you won’t want to miss!

• The Biggest Loser – January 7th – This favorite reality competition is back for its most powerful season yet, battling the nation’s childhood obesity epidemic. For the first time, kids (ages 13-16) will be participating alongside adult contestants. And who can resist the return of the frightening but inspiring Jillian Michaels? She is back to whip her contestants into shape with her no nonsense approach.
  • The Bachelor – January 7th – After Emily kicked gorgeous Sean to the curb last season on The Bachelorette; he is back for another chance at finding love. And after watching the season previews, this season will be full of drama, love, and Sean’s rocking hot body.
  • Stars in Danger: The High Dive – January 9th – Televised celebrity challenges have reached an all-new height, jumping off high diving boards. Watch your favorite celebs battle it out in a variety of dangerous athletic feats. Stars include JWoww from “Jersey Shore”, Kim and Kyle Richards from “Real Housewives of Beverly Hills”, actors Antonio Sabato Jr and David Chokachi, professional surfer Bethany Hamilton, athlete Alexandra Paul, and NFL rebel Terrell Owens. If nothing else, watch the new show for the thrills and spills.
  • Pretty Little Liars – January 8th – Now that we know that Toby is not as innocent as we wanted to believe, tune in to the second half of this dramatic third season to watch his story unfold. The premiere will start off with the return of “A” aka Mona to Rosewood High after being released from Radley Sanitarium. Spencer, Hanna, Emily, and Aria have more adventures to come as their secrets continue to be exposed.
  • The Carrie Diaries – January 14th – The tremendously hyped Sex & the City prequel has finally arrived! Monday January 14th marks the beginning of Carrie Bradshaw’s story. Tune in to see how the lovely Carrie begins her love affair with New York City as a teen during the 1980s.
  • The Following – January 21st – Kevin Bacon has traded his big screen roles for the small screen in this new psychological thriller. Bacon plays an ex-FBI agent who is called back to duty to track down a notorious serial killer with an assembled group of killers. If you are looking for an action packed show this new series could be right up your alley.
  • Smash – February 5th – This drama set in the madness of creating a Broadway show, is back for an encore. However its creator is long gone. After a rocky start with low ratings NBC decided to bring back the cast and most of the crew for a second season. New changes could be just what the show needs. Check out the two-hour premiere to see if NBC struck the right combination of drama and musical theatre.

2013 has a lot in store, so grab that bowl of popcorn, cuddle up with your favorite pillow and tune into these television shows!

Sarah Dubow graduated from school in 2013 and is a Digital Strategist at Marina Maher Communications in New York City. After serving as Campus Correspondent at Bucknell University, she is so excited to continue being a part of the Her Campus team! Besides traversing the city and trying to figure out what being a "real person" really means, Sarah loves long walks on the beach, sipping pina coladas, and getting caught in the rain (kidding!). Real favorites include traveling, writing, kickboxing, and making up ridiculous lyrics to the latest songs. She absolutely loves anything that involves cupcakes, butterflies, glitter, and anything Parisian and specializes in baking with far too much chocolate and obsessively watching shows bound to be cancelled after the first season. Though the long term path for this post-grad collegiette remains unclear, she's looking forward to all the new 20-something adventures that await her!