How To: Get back into shape after this winter

Posted -
Tagged

1. Have a realistic, attainable and healthy goal

Image result for binghamton university

Whether you want to gain or lose weight, build muscle or be able to run a 5k you want to strive for progress and not perfection. Make a routine that you can keep up with and is not impossible. You want to make sure that your routine doesn’t frustrate you. Making yourself a healthier being should be exciting and transformative, not a chore.

2. Do workouts a few times a week- it’s college.

Image result for binghamton university gym

You’re in college. You have enough on your plate with finals, upcoming tests and the end of the semester. Odds are you’re not gonna have time to do that lap around campus every single day. It helps if you plan out when you’re going to work out (almost as if it was one of your classes- without the stress though!)

3. Your workouts can be 15-20 minutes- every little bit counts!

Image result for binghamton nature preserve

Once again, you’re in college. You may have a job, or a test tomorrow, or a big interview so don’t work yourself too hard! Manage your time!!

4. Try an intramural or club sport that you may be excited about!

Image result for binghamton club soccer

If you’re a freshman this may be a great way to make new friends! Also, time commitment won’t be an issue since it’s a club team. Odds are they’ll only meet once or twice a week!

5. Choose healthy options in the dining hall.

Related image

The dining halls are tempting places to get cupcakes, cookies, ice cream and (the best) french fries. Eating healthy can be expensive but it doesn’t always require salads. Anything can be healthy (for the most part) in proportions. Get a reasonable amount of food and try to divide your plate filled with greens, some carbs, fruits and protein.

About The Author

Rosalie DiFlora is a first year student at Binghamton University studying Political Science. Prior to attending a University, Rosalie graduated from Hauppauge High School located on Long Island. When she is not playing the piano, you can find her re-watching episodes of NCIS or spontaneously blurting out lyrics from some Broadway show (or Disney movie) that she watched at 2 AM for no reason whatsoever. Rosalie is excited and thrilled to be a Feature Writer for Her Campus and looks forward to more exciting things to come.